Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally fired First Premier

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: I finally fired First Premier

Ahh the difference between not having found myFico and having found it is amazingSmiley Happy

Kibbles and bits?
Message 21 of 23
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

One day I will get around to firing CapOne once and for all.  The only thing good about them for me it the no FTF aspect.  However I might have overcome that limitation too now also with some added cards.  I would love it when I do go to close the card that I get transferred to retention and offered something.  Knowing me I will ask for something ridiculous and see how they respond.  Knowing me I will take what they offer and then wait 30 days and call back to cancel again.  Rinse and repeat....

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwraith wrote:

Opened an account immediately after BK with them six years ago, and then opened a second one with them two years later. They were charging me $6.25 per month for a "Credit Card Service Charge" regardless of if I used the card or not, and then another 45 per year as an annual fee. So thats about 120 per year for a 300 dollar credit line. They were however willing to give me a 25 dollar credit and raise the limits to 400 (a whole hundred bucks! Wow thats awe....wait I have like 50k from Cap One....) No Chuck, close it. "But sir, I am authorized to tell you that I read on myfico.com that AAoE does factor into 15% of your credit score and your score may..." Chuck...close it....and go rob hot dog stands or swindle little old blind ladies out of their pensions or whatever you do when your not taking/extorting people.

That felt so good to actually be the customer (not the groveler) and fire a bank. 

Congrats! Now you might be interested in combining accounts and getting rid of an annual fee or two. Earlier I conbined my QS1 ($39 annual fee) with a $6500 limit and 24% that I simply don't use, and moved it to my Venture card ($59 annual fee) with a $15000 limit and 18%. I now have $21,500 limit at 18% saving me money because its a lesser interest card and I don't have 2 AF to pay yearly.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.