cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally got a CLI for BankAmericard Cash Rewards CLI!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

I finally got a CLI for BankAmericard Cash Rewards CLI!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I decided to take a chance to request CLI for my BofA  BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa. I made sure the balance was $0 when I requested.I filled out the household income and left  the amount of the CLI blank. The system came back to call them for instant decision. I didn't call. Today, I checked online and they increased from $5K to $10KSmiley Very Happy. This time, I checked every account  I have with them to make sure no moving credit line to get CLI and they didn't . Last year, they moved my other account CL to get increase for my

Bank of America Accelerated Rewards Visa 

Ron.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: I finally got a CLI for BankAmericard Cash Rewards CLI!!!!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

Yesterday, I decided to take a chance to request CLI for my BofA  BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa. I filled out the household income and left  the amount of the CLI blank. The system came back to call them for instant decision. I didn't call. Today, I checked online and they increased from $5K to $10KSmiley Very Happy. This time, I checked every account  I have with them to make sure no moving credit line to get CLI and they didn't . Last year, they moved my other account CL to get increase for my

Ron.

Congrats,Ron!  I just submitted a request for $10000, currently at $7,000, and I got the message to call for an instant decision.  I'll see what tomorrow brings. 

Message 2 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Yesterday, I decided to take a chance to request CLI for my BofA  BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa. I filled out the household income and left  the amount of the CLI blank. The system came back to call them for instant decision. I didn't call. Today, I checked online and they increased from $5K to $10KSmiley Very Happy. This time, I checked every account  I have with them to make sure no moving credit line to get CLI and they didn't . Last year, they moved my other account CL to get increase for my

Ron.

Congrats,Ron!  I just submitted a request for $10000, currently at $7,000, and I got the message to call for an instant decision.  I'll see what tomorrow brings. 

Di,

Thanks!!!! I usually leave it blank on the amount requested for CLI.  Most of time, it might take up to a week to process. I was surprised they processed my CLI requested less than a day. I requested it yesterday afternoon and it showed new CL at noon. Do you have any other account with them? Sometimes they like to move other CL to get increase for this account.  I heard someone got CLD by requesting CLI (if carrying any high balance(s) on their account). Good Luck!!!

Ron.

Message 3 of 13
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations Ron !!!

Message 4 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
I just pulled Triple credit report and BoFA just HARD PULLSmiley Surprised  from TU for CLI.

Ron.

Message 5 of 13
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

I say for 5K it was worth it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
wmarat
Valued Contributor

It used to be hard free.

@Ron1 wrote:

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
I just pulled Triple credit report and BoFA just HARD PULLSmiley Surprised  from TU for CLI.

Ron.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 13
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Recently, when I click on the BOA LUV button, I get taken to a page where BOA will pull a hard inquiry!  It used to simply ask for your income, and how much you want to request. 

Did that change for everyone?

I wasn't paying attention the last time I requested an increase, it was the same page I mention above but they did not pull a CR and came back with a wimpy snail mail reason that my CL is good enough based on my usage.  What a bunch of bull.

I use a small amount of credit because the limit is so small and after 2.5 years I am  tired of making multiple payments per month just to make sure there is enough head room on the credit line. 

I wish I had a more seasoned analyst review my request Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

Recently, when I click on the BOA LUV button, I get taken to a page where BOA will pull a hard inquiry!  It used to simply ask for your income, and how much you want to request. 

Did that change for everyone?

I wasn't paying attention the last time I requested an increase, it was the same page I mention above but they did not pull a CR and came back with a wimpy snail mail reason that my CL is good enough based on my usage.  What a bunch of bull.

I use a small amount of credit because the limit is so small and after 2.5 years I am  tired of making multiple payments per month just to make sure there is enough head room on the credit line. 

I wish I had a more seasoned analyst review my request Smiley Sad

Recently, they changed it to hard pull. I thought they weren't going to pull hard for CLI.  Last year, they pull soft pull for CLI.  At least, I got 5K out of hard pull.Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Message 9 of 13
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Nice increase--congrats. Though I don't think it's policy to pull hard. I got a CLI last month hard free.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.