cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: I find it pretty fun to juggle balance.

@w20031424 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

I don't understand why if you supposedly have a business and put thousands of dollars on it for "merchandise", you don't just get a business charge card. 

Because my biz CC's CL is not enough and creditor's are reluctant to give me more because of my short history. 

How much are you running through business purchases per month?

About $20K-$30K. I started this about six months ago.

Hopefully you declared a personal annual income of 300k or more on the CC application. Otherwise this behavior will look very suspicious to the lender.

Message 11 of 116
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I agree that its probably in violation of T&C to have this kind of activity on a personal card but honestly with the sophistication of computers I think they would have picked up on this by now if it was important to them. Seeing large amounts of the same size purchases from the same vendors would probably be a pretty big red flag. I think this stuff is easily automated with the fraud detection they have enabled now.

Message 12 of 116
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine

Well, I think he's using different cards, so other lenders won't really know how much he's charging in total. Esp if he pays before statements cut, they're just reporting 0 balance. I think thats the whole "juggle" thing he's talking about.

Message 13 of 116
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

I don't understand why if you supposedly have a business and put thousands of dollars on it for "merchandise", you don't just get a business charge card. 

Because my biz CC's CL is not enough and creditor's are reluctant to give me more because of my short history. 

How much are you running through business purchases per month?

About $20K-$30K. I started this about six months ago.

Hopefully you declared a personal annual income of 300k or more on the CC application. Otherwise this behavior will look very suspicious to the lender.

I've already thought about this.  The answer is no, because these expenses are spread to five creditors so each got $6K charge and each thought their card is my "primary card".  

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 14 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

On top of reading about the T&C Lexie posted, I hope you read this:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

In the dream, I received a phone call from my lawyer telling me that my green card is finally approved by the USCIS(immigration department). I was so happy about this because I waited for several years. Then I drove my car to the USCIS to pick up the green card.

wait, how do you have a Barclays card if you are not a permanent resident? 

For your info: 

By pressing APPLY I certify that:

1. I am at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of the United States;
  2. I understand that Barclays may call me in connection with this application and for other matters relating to this account;
  3. I have reviewed and accept the Terms and Conditions that were provided before I applied for each account; and
  4. I have truthfully and completely provided the information on this application.

[Edited out the unncessary parts]

Once again, I'm not trying to be rude or offensive or anything. And I do apologize if it comes off that way.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 116
HiLine
Blogger

@enharu wrote:

On top of reading about the T&C Lexie posted, I hope you read this:

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

In the dream, I received a phone call from my lawyer telling me that my green card is finally approved by the USCIS(immigration department). I was so happy about this because I waited for several years. Then I drove my car to the USCIS to pick up the green card.

wait, how do you have a Barclays card if you are not a permanent resident? 

For your info: 

By pressing APPLY I certify that:

1. I am at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of the United States;
  2. I understand that Barclays may call me in connection with this application and for other matters relating to this account;
  3. I have reviewed and accept the Terms and Conditions that were provided before I applied for each account; and
  4. I have truthfully and completely provided the information on this application.

[Edited out the unncessary parts]

Once again, I'm not trying to be rude or offensive or anything. And I do apologize if it comes off that way.

I don't know where that post comes from, but I wanted to mention that the definition of a permanent resident differs between banks and the IRS. In banks' eyes, a permanent resident simply means someone who stays in the US on a regular basis, regardless of the visa status.

Message 16 of 116
HiLine
Blogger

@Dubious wrote:

@HiLine

Well, I think he's using different cards, so other lenders won't really know how much he's charging in total. Esp if he pays before statements cut, they're just reporting 0 balance. I think thats the whole "juggle" thing he's talking about.

Ah I see. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

Some banks want to deal with permanent residents or citizens only for security reasons. a non-immigrant can easily decide to pack his bags on a fine day, leave the country, and burn the bank with zero repercussions.

Try getting a personal loan from BofA for example if you do not have permanent residency or citizenship. BofA also has different underwriting standards depending on your residency type. In their applications, including for credit cards, they specifically do ask for it.

The definition IRS uses for residents who reside in the US is "resident alien", not permanent resident. Certain visas (i.e. F-1) will not qualify as a resident alien as well regardless of how long they stay in the US, simply because of the visa type they are on. Also to add, resident alien and permanent resident are two very different definitions.

Anyhow, no offense intended. I just wanted to clarify things mostly. I'm gonna leave this thread as it is.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 116
HiLine
Blogger

@enharu wrote:

Some banks want to deal with permanent residents or citizens only for security reasons. a non-immigrant can easily decide to pack his bags on a fine day, leave the country, and burn the bank with zero repercussions.

Try getting a personal loan from BofA for example if you do not have permanent residency or citizenship. BofA also has different underwriting standards depending on your residency type. In their applications, including for credit cards, they specifically do ask for it.

The definition IRS uses for residents who reside in the US is "resident alien", not permanent resident. Certain visas (i.e. F-1) will not qualify as a resident alien as well regardless of how long they stay in the US, simply because of the visa type they are on.

Permanent residents are aka greencard holders. A resident alien can be a permanent resident or not. Permanent residents are a subset of resident aliens. For example, H-1 holders who have been in the US long enough are considered resident aliens but not permanent residents. You are correct that the permanent residency is not an IRS term but rather a USCIS term. I should have replaced IRS by USCIS or DHS in my post.

Message 19 of 116
enharu
Super Contributor

One last post even though I said my previous post was going to be my last in this thread.

Banks use those terms exactly as what the law has defined them as.

There's really nothing much to dispute / argue about the definition of a permanent resident. Same thing for citizenship.

The banks are not trying to discriminate against a specific group of people or anything. It's really just about risk for them. If a citizen / permanent resident defaults, they can sue him and collect the money through legal means. However, they cannot do the same for a non-immigrant whose assets (if any) are overseas. 

Message 20 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.