Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I gave a good tip

tag
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I gave a good tip

I run hot and cold with keeping up with credit card topics, so if this has already been brought up, I apologize. I went out to eat the other day at some hipster, overpriced fusion restaurant... spent a lot for a small amount for one person, but still felt obligated to leave a nice tip, which I left on my Venture card. I received this email today:

We noticed you gave an extra generous tip on September 24, 2015, for your service at BON CHON:

CostTipTotal
$16.07
+$5.00
=$21.07

Your tip was 30% or more, and we hope it’s because your service was exceptional. However, we wanted to check in, in case this charge needs to be reviewed.

If you’re aware of this charge and it’s not a mistake, you don’t need to do anything. If you have concerns about this tip, sign in to your transactions page to view this in more detail.

If you need to contact BON CHON, feel free to reach out to them directly.

********************************************************************************************

Anyone else get one of these messages? 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I gave a good tip

Interesting. Never heard of that.

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it last week...had a really nice server...very attentive...great service...so i left %30. Got the email. Cap One, in my mind, has really turned itself around into an all around quality lender...imo.

Message 3 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

Never seen it either.  Except for Amex, which shows the tip amount for some restaurants.

30% tip, my compliments!

Message 4 of 31
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Thank you, Open, I will generally leave a decent tip even for the worst server, since that is what they live on. 

But I have been super pleased with Capital One as well. I think they have been working hard to repair the reputation of subprime lender. 

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get those on my PS and QS.  Then again, I tip 20% always. 

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol...i always try to leave 20% b/c i know thats what wait staff live on. I waited tables in college so i empathize with their situation. So unless you are a gigantic jerk..im leaving 20%. But this guy was just one of the best...and we were a hard table...lots of drinks,,menu changes...etc...and he handled it like a pro. So he deserved it

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is kind of suprising especially since the actual amount was not extra large versus the %.

Message 8 of 31
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is kind of suprising especially since the actual amount was not extra large versus the %.

Yes, I got it last month!

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a similar email today myself about duplicate charges!  I remember reading something somewhere, either here or in an email, that capital one was changing up their security.....

What did you eat at the restaurant?

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.