Did you mean: 

I gave a good tip

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I gave a good tip

@barbaralee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got a similar email today myself about duplicate charges!  I remember reading something somewhere, either here or in an email, that capital one was changing up their security.....

What did you eat at the restaurant?

I ate bulgogi and had water, but I am part Korean, and I grew up in a predominately Korean area so I was expecting something more traditional. This restaurant was like Korean-American fusion. They had bulogogi sliders... need I say more, lol? 

Plus they did not serve banchan, so for bulgogi with rice and no banchan it was very expensive. Also, I think they put some sort of cheese on my meat. Smiley Surprised

My mom is very old fashioned, she likes food the way she has always had it, and she was mortified when I told her my experience. She judges a Korean restaurant by how much banchan is served... since this place served none she would have straight up walked out. 

All that being said, it's not the server's fault it turned out to not be my kind of restaurant, and she was pleasant enough. Smiley Happy

love doenjang, bibimbap, and kimchi.  never had banchan to my recollection.  make sure you write about your experience on trip advisor. sounds like you would know what is good, so others dont make the same mistake!

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Side note agree. There is nothing worse than stale kimchi. Crunchy plz.

cap1 wallet on iPhone gives me alerts. Very nice btw.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually leave $0 tip, so I would never get this type of message. haha

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I usually leave $0 tip, so I would never get this type of message. haha

me too....but i used to leave cash for tip. members here convinced me otherwise....to earn points on the tip. been a gradual transition.

in my mind it was like, ok you shouldnt charge a tip, but since i PIF it doesnt matter

Message 24 of 31
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got a similar email today myself about duplicate charges!  I remember reading something somewhere, either here or in an email, that capital one was changing up their security.....

I ate bulgogi and had water, but I am part Korean, and I grew up in a predominately Korean area so I was expecting something more traditional. This restaurant was like Korean-American fusion. They had bulogogi sliders... need I say more, lol? 

Plus they did not serve banchan, so for bulgogi with rice and no banchan it was very expensive. Also, I think they put some sort of cheese on my meat. Smiley Surprised

My mom is very old fashioned, she likes food the way she has always had it, and she was mortified when I told her my experience. She judges a Korean restaurant by how much banchan is served... since this place served none she would have straight up walked out. 

All that being said, it's not the server's fault it turned out to not be my kind of restaurant, and she was pleasant enough. Smiley Happy

Very popular with Asian restaurants in general; after spending over 6 years living in Japan, you cannot even imagine my reaction when I saw some of the sushi combinations on the menus in Japanese restaurants. Cream cheese does not belong in sushi. I miss real Japanese food; not the stuff they have in Japanese restaurants here (and don't even get me started on that horrible ginger salad dressing...I don't even think I ever saw that in a grocery store in Japan). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 25 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. i got message like that from cap one as well on my Venture. Because of a myfico charge. My service is normally 24.95 a month. But i upgraded to the ultimate. Now its 29.95 a month. They asked me if i thought there was an error because of the 5 buck difference. if not to ignore. Which i did.

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this message last week, too.  I had left 30% because I split the bill with someone and I left all of the tip on my card.  Between this and the instant pop ups on my phone when I make a charge, Cap1 is doing a great job monitoring fraud on my account.  I've been very impressed.  

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbaralee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

never go to fusion korea restaurant, waste of money. Best places are the ones run by older korean people going with traditional korean food. Best part about becoming the best or frequent customer at those places is that they will always give you extra entree for free Smiley LOL

anyway, back to topic. I like capital one and their second look thing, make sure that merchants aren't screwing you over. Like this Hulu subscription, i went with no ad sub which cost more, capital one caught it and sent me an email.

sl.png

Message 28 of 31
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

I run hot and cold with keeping up with credit card topics, so if this has already been brought up, I apologize. I went out to eat the other day at some hipster, overpriced fusion restaurant... spent a lot for a small amount for one person, but still felt obligated to leave a nice tip, which I left on my Venture card. I received this email today:

We noticed you gave an extra generous tip on September 24, 2015, for your service at BON CHON:

CostTipTotal
$16.07
+$5.00
=$21.07

Your tip was 30% or more, and we hope it’s because your service was exceptional. However, we wanted to check in, in case this charge needs to be reviewed.

If you’re aware of this charge and it’s not a mistake, you don’t need to do anything. If you have concerns about this tip, sign in to your transactions page to view this in more detail.

If you need to contact BON CHON, feel free to reach out to them directly.

********************************************************************************************

Anyone else get one of these messages? 

Yes I have - good stuff

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe cap one will buy amex and teach them how to treat their cardholders...and throw out the FR's...we can only hope

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.