Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up Discover!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I give up Discover!

I applied like 2 months ago and they pulled EQ the worst and wouldn't reconsider with another credit report unless EQ was frozen and they never accessed it to begin with (their words)

So I froze EQ this morning and applied and got instantly denied.

Called in and he said it was cancelled because we couldn't access credit report.

I said can you pull another one, EX would be great.

He said I can and it looks like it would be EX pull.

Put me on hold and came back denied!

I do have a Joint Discover with my partner with $9k limit which we tried for sp cli earlier this week and it wanted hp so we said no but I can't get a personal discover alone to save my life!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

Re: I give up Discover!

Are they one of the tougher companies to get a CC?

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 2 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Desmoire wrote:

Are they one of the tougher companies to get a CC?

not for some!

Message 3 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like your strategy will have to wait for your own card.  Unfortunately, they are not ready to welcome you yet with open arms.  I thought that's what that zap and smoke was earlier... hmmm... trip over the electric fence?

Message 4 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Looks like your strategy will have to wait for your own card.  Unfortunately, they are not ready to welcome you yet with open arms.  I thought that's what that zap and smoke was earlier... hmmm... trip over the electric fence?

LOL! Did you raise the wire on me? Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad it was the toughest one for me to get in too.
Message 6 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Oh heavens no!!  That wasn't me Smiley Tongue   I'd say wait a couple more months and try them again... don't give up on them.

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ask why you were denied when you called?

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Oh heavens no!!  That wasn't me Smiley Tongue   I'd say wait a couple more months and try them again... don't give up on them.

Indeed. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you ask why you were denied when you called?

no, ill wait for letter and then maybe call but I find the computer system pretty much the end all be all with discover credit decisions.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.