Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I goofed :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I goofed :(

@Spotsy wrote:
+1 to all of the previous responses and the late payment not hitting your credit report.

But I think with the CC reform act passed in 2009, they can not report your account as being past due unless it is more then 60 days late? Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

Definitely not the case.  Most won't report you until you're late 30 days late but you're considered late on the first day after your payment is due.

Message 11 of 15
peme6040
New Contributor

Thanks for your response. I am very aware that I should pay in full but Im a single mom and every penny counts towards something. I usually try to pay in full but stuff comes up like the $600 medical bill and $100 sticker for my car...if not for those the balance wouldve been paid-thats my highest interest card so carrying a balance is a slap in the face (but i still keep it for gas discounts-in IL where i live its $3.68. In IA where i work is $3.47+ plus Walmart discount using card drops it $3.43). It'll get paid off this Friday Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didnt see it mentioned but that particular issuer will ding your internal risk score for it. Wait at least 3-6 months before requesting CLI, new card, or APR reduction from that issuer. Otherwise no biggy.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My misunderstanding, OP. We sometimes get people who think that they should carry a balance for score optimization, and $2 is a weird balance to carry. Good luck with the CCC.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peme6040 wrote:

So earlier in the month I made a partial payment (to pay the amount of gas I put in my car) onto my Walmart CC.  After that partial payment I had a $2 balance left on my minimum payment to which I was going to pay more when I got paid.  Well, I forgot (I have never forgotten to pay on time eekk) and ended up sending the payment 2 days after the due date.  What are the odds that this will affect my credit score and show up on my credit report.  I'm so upset with myself because I've been trying to clean up my report for 2.5 yrs now in order to buy a house!

You should be ok, but do call and let them know what happened. but just a little suggestion, if you can, get in the habit of paying more than the minimum.  It is the easiest way to build confidence and credit with that lender.  Good Luck!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.