Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a question for those have USBANK CC

tag
Ryry1
Established Member

I got a question for those have USBANK CC

I am curious how USBANK is? They invitiation me via my home telephone for USbank Visa Platinum (credit card) as in no-annual fee last week since I never applied for it after I got home from work. I only got USbank CC app in the mail box 1x about 2-3 months ago since I usually throw way CC app away..

I am curious since USbank CC site on Platinum card doesn't offer rewards and such which doesn't bother me but I am curious what Usbank usually credit limit line they give in return of not having rewards and such on Platinum? 5k-10k-15k-20k? is Platinum card their highest top of the line card for those with excellent credit score ?

is it true that Usbank doesn't give out their CCs very easily as I know its only available in 27 states only, right?  This is not a starter card, right? I don't have any debts or anything. This will be my 4th CC with not counting debit card as well. Discover More (3k+ limit-2 yrs almost), CapOne 1k+ limit-8 yrs almost), Lowes (224$ never use-3yrs almost), and soon USBANK. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: I got a question for those have USBANK CC

My husband has 2 US bank CC's...The first one had a CL of $26k (prior to the economy taking a dump) which they lowered to $16k.  The second started at $7.5k but was reduced to $3.1k.

The only advice I would give with US bank is to expect random solicitation calls.  No matter how many times we request to be taken off their list, they continue to call wanting us to sign up for their life insurance policies.

Other than that, they've been pleasant to deal with.

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Ryry1 wrote:

I am curious how USBANK is? They invitiation me via my home telephone for USbank Visa Platinum (credit card) as in no-annual fee last week since I never applied for it after I got home from work. I only got USbank CC app in the mail box 1x about 2-3 months ago since I usually throw way CC app away..

I am curious since USbank CC site on Platinum card doesn't offer rewards and such which doesn't bother me but I am curious what Usbank usually credit limit line they give in return of not having rewards and such on Platinum? 5k-10k-15k-20k? is Platinum card their highest top of the line card for those with excellent credit score ?

is it true that Usbank doesn't give out their CCs very easily as I know its only available in 27 states only, right?  This is not a starter card, right? I don't have any debts or anything. This will be my 4th CC with not counting debit card as well. Discover More (3k+ limit-2 yrs almost), CapOne 1k+ limit-8 yrs almost), Lowes (224$ never use-3yrs almost), and soon USBANK. 

I don't think it's a starter card but US Bank is pretty conservative as far as I know. I got a pre-approval last November from them for the Flex Perks Select to which I responded and approved with a limit of $12,000. My scores were about 750 at that time and they pulled TU.  Also, I do NOT live in a state that has any US Bank branches. I thought based on that alone I wouldn't be approved but that was false. I think if they send you something, they want you.

Message 3 of 5
andre181
Established Contributor

I also got a preapproval in the mail for their Flex Perks Select Visa last November.

They pulled TU and I was approved for $7500 CL.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

If you want their top of the line card look at their cash rewards card.  Are you a US Bank customer? If so look at some of their packages. I have the card an initial credit line was generous  and has since been increased.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.