Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

I got lucky with Chase

Hi All

I have only had 2 hard pulls this year and they drop off next month, I currently have just 3 cards and cl's of $1250, $1250 and $1000 - I just stuck in an app for the Chase Simplicity - instant approval for $4500!! - now thats more like it Smiley Wink

Amex BCE -Amex ED - Chase Slate - Citi Diamond Preferred - Citi Double Cash - Discover IT - US Bank Platinum - US Bank Select Perks

Target Of 780 Reached + Onward and Upward Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Re: I got lucky with Chase

chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

I have only had 2 hard pulls this year and they drop off next month, I currently have just 3 cards and cl's of $1250, $1250 and $1000 - I just stuck in an app for the Chase Simplicity - instant approval for $4500!! - now thats more like it Smiley Wink

Congrats on your approval!  But what is the Chase Simplicity?  I know about the Citi Simplicity but not Chase.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Established Contributor

chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy   However, I think you mean "Citi" Simplicity rather than Chase.  The Simplicity card is a Citibank product.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 817 EX08 825 6/23/16 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $35.9K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Frequent Contributor

pmsl - yes sorry - i got too excited to concentrate lol

Amex BCE -Amex ED - Chase Slate - Citi Diamond Preferred - Citi Double Cash - Discover IT - US Bank Platinum - US Bank Select Perks

Valued Contributor

chrisw1968uk wrote:

pmsl - yes sorry - i got too excited to concentrate lol

Okay so what did you get?  Chase Freedom or Citi Simplicity?  What is your limit?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Frequent Contributor

Citi Simplicity - $4500 limit - I sent an email to Cap1 today asking for a review of my $1250 CL, I now feel that my request to Cap1 was justified as i have been with them for 18 months, made 64 payments to my account (over $12k) - yet stuck on $1250 lol

Valued Contributor

chrisw1968uk wrote:

Citi Simplicity - $4500 limit - I sent an email to Cap1 today asking for a review of my $1250 CL, I now feel that my request to Cap1 was justified as i have been with them for 18 months, made 64 payments to my account (over $12k) - yet stuck on $1250 lol

Congrats!  That is awesome for you!

Did you send the letter to the EO of Cap1?  There are a bunch of threads here about people having much success with that route.

Frequent Contributor

yes i sent the letter this evening to cap - will wait and see, as my 2 hard pulls are dropping off next month, I just pushed my luck again and got $4500 also on a freedom card - my credit lines have gone from $3500 to $12500 in the last 20 minutes - Im now happy to sit back in the garden and watch the flowers grow Smiley Wink

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.