Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my Citi Denial today !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Citi Denial today !

Every year for 2 years now in the month of January, I app, I chose 3 different lenders based on the report they pull. Citi pulled Experian for me. That report is rather empty, does show old old co's. Will tidy those up since im on a cleaning spree. 

So the reasons for my denial are as follows;

--The consumer reporting agency serving your area has reported only a limited credit history for you.

--A delingquent credit obligation (s), either paid or unpaid, was recorded on your credit beareau report.

Oour credit decision was based.....If your stuff changes apply again....

Does anyone know if I should tidy up for 6 months or 12 months before apping again with Citi ? 

By then I will have two revolving accounts reporting .5 age of accounts. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Mailed out 1 TU dispute 

2 Medical collections PFD's ( both total 591 in total if they dont accept my offer of 25% )

2 DV's for 1 account that I do not own that is slaughtering my credit worthiness on TU

1 letter to Clerk of the Court asking for procedures verifying/reporting information to TU

Now Ill start in on the Experian. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: I got my Citi Denial today !

Based on what little I know of  your file and that it seems you have at least 2 prime cards other than Citi, I'd let Citi go and concentrate on cleaning up the reports, at least until after a house, which appears to be your main goal. Just my 2 cents.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 6
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

let citi go for sure. i apped for them they said no i then apped for amex(NPSL) and chase($500) and bestbuy($1000) and got all 3..edit: o yea and walmart $500

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Based on what little I know of  your file and that it seems you have at least 2 prime cards other than Citi, I'd let Citi go and concentrate on cleaning up the reports, at least until after a house, which appears to be your main goal. Just my 2 cents.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Forget Citi for a while. It will be greater laterSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thanks. I wasnt pressd, but in order to determine what would happend I just chose three lenders based on the cra they use.

Thanks guys. I am deep in gardening mode in case any of you were wondering. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.