Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my Hooters card today!

tag
ShinyGirl
New Contributor

Re: Not yet, but I hope!!!

Good News!! I was up very late last night, doing some GW letters and PFD letters. This morning I was doing other stuff I need to get done.

So...now I check my email...and I'm thinking...

and the suspense is KILLING me.

so I call Hooters "just to see if they got my fax..."

Well, the rep says that they got the fax AND that I was approved!!!! She says the card will be going out today!!!!!

She said she couldn't tell me the interest rate or the CL...but that's okay right now. I'm glad that it's a positive thing and not a declination.

Hopefully, it's a good rate and CL and no fee. Although, per my strategy, even if there's a fee, if it comes with a good CL, I'll keep it. Then I'll PIF Orchard, get the AF waived with Orchard, sock it and let the other cards I have age and then close Orchard.

I called Orchard yesterday and she said though she couldn't give me a CLI, she did reduce my interest rate. I'm going to take huge chunks out of that balance and hit them up again for a CLI. If not...bye bye like I said.

I'm so happy.

*sung to the tune of "Annie": ...the scores will come up/tomorrow/betcha bottom dollar that tomorrow/there'll be high scores/toooooooo-morrow/tomorrow/I love ya/tomorrow/great credit's just months awaaaaaaaaaaayy....

LOL
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats S.G.! WTG! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not close the orchard, it will have a negative impact. I would pay it off in full and put in in a sock drawer, use it only once a month for gas etc, then pay it off in full each month. Closing accounts will hurt your score.
Message 13 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I would not close the orchard, it will have a negative impact. I would pay it off in full and put in in a sock drawer, use it only once a month for gas etc, then pay it off in full each month. Closing accounts will hurt your score.

No, it won't. Why should it? The history stays on your reports for 10 years after you close. As long as you have enough other credit spread out over time, when it does fall off, it shouldn't have much impact.

The only thing to watch out for is if you lose enough of your total available credit that your overall util rises. If it rises enough, it might hurt your scores until you get the util back down again.

You might want to check out fused's thread titled Closing Credit Cards. It's on his siggy, so just look for one of his posts, and click on the link.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 16
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

to the OP-

Congrats on the NEW HOOTERS!

(I just had to say it.)

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
to the OP-

Congrats on the NEW HOOTERS!

(I just had to say it.)

-P

I second that!  Treat them well!

Err....treat it well.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.