Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got out of Amex FR ALIVE!

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I got out of Amex FR ALIVE!

Apart from the fact that they slashed slashed my credit limit and put a hard limit on my PRG, everything is looking positive from here on out!

PRG - Hard limit of 3k Smiley Sad

Delta Skymiles was left alone at 1K. Not much they can do to that limit anyways...

BCE was left at 4.5k

Costco Amex was left at 1.2k. Not much they can do there anyways..

Hilton Honors - slashed from 10.5k to 4.6k Smiley Sad

Basically, whate i learned from this is that it's always better to submit your tax transcript regardless of what you stated on your app. Assuming you get an understand account manager, everything will be fine. I'm not happy that my PRG has a hard limit, nor am i happy that my highest CL is now 7k BUT i'm at least happy about my cards not being cancelled.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Re: I got out of Amex FR ALIVE!

Congrats! I remembered when that happened and I'm glad you got through it. Maybe in a year or so they will let you 3x CLI to get the limits back.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 2 of 31
IWOL
Established Contributor

Congrats on making out with all cards intact!

Did you overstate income on your apps vs tax returns?

Message 3 of 31
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

Congrats on making out with all cards intact!

Did you overstate income on your apps vs tax returns?

Well, i didn't overstate it per say. It's just that i finished college in December and didn't start my job till March of 2014, so when i apped for my PRG, Delta and Costco Amex, i put my current income, which isn't supported by my tax returns. Nevertheless, i explained the issue to the account manager and she was actually very understanding of my situation. She assured me that non of my accounts will be cancelled, but to expect a reduction of my credit limits. 

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 4 of 31
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your new restrictions, but at least the accounts are all still there.   Maybe with 4 revolvers and a NPSL charge card, they felt overextended.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 31
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Actually...Come to think about it, i only got emails that my credit limits have been lowered, but i didn't get an email stating that the FR was over. I just logged into my accounts and it still has the "charging suspended" there. The FR office closes at 3:30PM (Arizona time). Seems like she was heading out while she submitted the changes.

Message 6 of 31
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

OP I am happy to hear everything worked out! I am sure in no time you will be able to increase your CL.

Message 7 of 31
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Apart from the fact that they slashed slashed my credit limit and put a hard limit on my PRG, everything is looking positive from here on out!

PRG - Hard limit of 3k Smiley Sad

Delta Skymiles was left alone at 1K. Not much they can do to that limit anyways...

BCE was left at 4.5k

Costco Amex was left at 1.2k. Not much they can do there anyways..

Hilton Honors - slashed from 10.5k to 4.6k Smiley Sad

Basically, whate i learned from this is that it's always better to submit your tax transcript regardless of what you stated on your app. Assuming you get an understand account manager, everything will be fine. I'm not happy that my PRG has a hard limit, nor am i happy that my highest CL is now 7k BUT i'm at least happy about my cards not being cancelled.

On the positive side that is the great thing about AMEX FRs. Had it been Chase or others you would have just lost 5 cards and 17.2K of available credit, not to mention a mark of closed by lender on your reports. 

I think OP deserves a Congrats for making it out relatively easy given his situation, so Congrats! Smiley Happy

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 8 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

You know .. this reminds of  the story of having all the eggs in the same basket. I wonder if that is what triggered this fr from them. i think i will only got for 1 revolver and 1 charge with them. they are not that good to  be so intrusive . did you do anything to trigger this? because they are the one's keep approving you for all these cards. hmmm.

Message 9 of 31
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

You know .. this reminds of  the story of having all the eggs in the same basket. I wonder if that is what triggered this fr from them. i think i will only got for 1 revolver and 1 charge with them. they are not that good to  be so intrusive . did you do anything to trigger this? because they are the one's keep approving you for all these cards. hmmm.

Yes, OP stated the change in his income triggered the FR.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.