cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got step 1 out of the way. Have had capitol one card for over 6 months. Can I get a decent cc now?

tag
periferel
Established Member

I got step 1 out of the way. Have had capitol one card for over 6 months. Can I get a decent cc now?

Hi ive been lurking on this forum since late last year and decided to repair My credit co I can get a couple decent cc's and hopefully be ready for a mortgage when the time comes. So when I started back around December I had 3 baddies of which 2 were 7 years old. They ended up dropping off in the last 6 months and I have the one left time from timewarner from 2010 for a couple hundred dollars. I would like to get this deleted but want to make sure I approach it the right way so it doesn't stay on My report. Any advise on this would be appreciated. 

My current scores are around 670 and My TU is about 690. Can anyone suggest a card for me? All I Have on My credit file is 7 months of payments on a $200 capitol one card.

ive heard there are a few cards for people with fair credit.

-Walmart

-Amazon

-barclays

and a few more. Can anyone suggest a card? 

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I got step 1 out of the way. Have had capitol one card for over 6 months. Can I get a decent cc

The cc's you listed fit your cr profile. Depends on what you are looking for, store cc, charge card; rewards, travel, can back, etc.

If the CA is yours you could try a PFD.
Message 2 of 3
periferel
Established Member

Re: I got step 1 out of the way. Have had capitol one card for over 6 months. Can I get a decent cc

i just want a regular unsecured cc. any limit is fine, just whichever one i have the best chance of qualifying for as i dont want a bunch of HPs on my report. any bonuses such as miles or cashback are secondary, just want to start branching out a little. i noticed my score go up about 30 pts a month ago or so i think maybe its bc i passed the 6 month mark of payments with my cap1 card. i figure it's time for a real cc that will give me cli's in the future.

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.