Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

tag
Lawlover2
Contributor

I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

I just had to share another good ending . . . started out here about 1.5 years ago - credit scores in 400's.  Today TU is 656 EQ is 648 and EX is 651.  I am currenlty refinancing our home from 9.9% to 6.3% (thru FHA) w/ no problems (so far - waiting on appraisal).  And, with the extra boost of confidence, I applied for the BOA Plat card and got the 99/500 offer!  I've tried twice before but today, it was finally offered.  Some wouldn't be so excited but for me, it will be my first CC in over 4 years!!!!  I am so thankful for this forum.  Now, I need to save an inquiry for a store card, or something else, I asume!

Thanks to all of you!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

Lawlover2 wrote:
I just had to share another good ending . . . started out here about 1.5 years ago - credit scores in 400's.  Today TU is 656 EQ is 648 and EX is 651.  I am currenlty refinancing our home from 9.9% to 6.3% (thru FHA) w/ no problems (so far - waiting on appraisal).  And, with the extra boost of confidence, I applied for the BOA Plat card and got the 99/500 offer!  I've tried twice before but today, it was finally offered.  Some wouldn't be so excited but for me, it will be my first CC in over 4 years!!!!  I am so thankful for this forum.  Now, I need to save an inquiry for a store card, or something else, I asume!

Thanks to all of you!

Congrats !!! Lawlover2.  Looks like you are definitely on the right track.  That secured card should flip over to a unsecured card in another year if you keep it in good standing.  Good luck, and may the FICO forum be with you.

Guydiver12

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat's to YOU!!
Message 3 of 12
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

That's what happened to me,  but after I got the 99/500 offer in the mail, I opened up a checking account online with them to transfer the $99, when I got approved for the checking account they also approved me for the Plat Plus Visa for $2000.  And that was after 5 denials in 6 months for a non secured card.  I would say if you are 630+ on your scores and can afford it, drop $500 in a no fee "My Access" checking account and see what happens while you wait on the paperwork for the 99/500. It worked for me and the checking account is awesome, no minimum, no direct deposit required and there are no fees at all. Plus they have excellent bill pay and their website has all the bells and whistles. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you've made it over the hump. Still really close so play it really cool this next year.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thts awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might not even take that full year to get it graduated, if you keep your nose clean and balances low elsewhere.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO, you guys that are getting this wonderful card, do you have any baddies? My scores are in my sig, but I have 4 baddies on EQ and EX, and 7 on TU. avg about 16 inq. due to getting shopped around buying 2 different cars in the last year. My Exp. has one inq. within the last year.
Message 8 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats Lawlover! It takes a lot of hard work to go from the 400s to mid 600s.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I wish I would have got the 99/500 offer! I was offered the fully secured card. oh well..Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.