Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! I wish I would have got the 99/500 offer! I was offered the fully secured card. oh well..Smiley Sad

The fully secured card offers some benefits that the 99/500 does not. Like the ability to set your own CL.

For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if someone with a 99/500 card graduated and was given a limit of $2000 on an unsecured card. However, say you set a $5000 limit on a secured card and graduate. I would think you much more likely to retain the $5000 CL, or even get a CLI at that point since you have proven you can handle the responsibility.

I don't work for BOA, so I don't know if that is true, but I think it's a safe assumption.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 12
Lawlover2
Contributor

Re: I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

I have LOTS and LOTS of baddies . . . no judgments but several charge offs (that I paid before I found this forum - so much for PFD).  They are all about 2 years old.  Several 30, 60 and 90 days late.  However, I have not been late on my mortage, two car payments, or student loans in 1 year and 3 months.  I've been working hard.  I applied last October (scores mid to high 500's) and again in like Feb/March (scores a little better, a little over 600) and both times was denited and offered secured card.  I don't currently have any other CC's so this is it.  (for nowSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.