Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

GettingBackOnTrack wrote:
Congrats! I wish I would have got the 99/500 offer! I was offered the fully secured card. oh well..:smileysad:

The fully secured card offers some benefits that the 99/500 does not. Like the ability to set your own CL.

For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if someone with a 99/500 card graduated and was given a limit of $2000 on an unsecured card. However, say you set a $5000 limit on a secured card and graduate. I would think you much more likely to retain the $5000 CL, or even get a CLI at that point since you have proven you can handle the responsibility.

I don't work for BOA, so I don't know if that is true, but I think it's a safe assumption.
Here we go again...
Contributor
Lawlover2

Re: I got the BOA 99/500 offer today!!!

I have LOTS and LOTS of baddies . . . no judgments but several charge offs (that I paid before I found this forum - so much for PFD).  They are all about 2 years old.  Several 30, 60 and 90 days late.  However, I have not been late on my mortage, two car payments, or student loans in 1 year and 3 months.  I've been working hard.  I applied last October (scores mid to high 500's) and again in like Feb/March (scores a little better, a little over 600) and both times was denited and offered secured card.  I don't currently have any other CC's so this is it.  (for now:smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+