Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the itch...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the itch...

I've wanted an Amex ever since I can remember, so I started building credit, and tonight I decided to try for an Amex BCE.  Unfortunately, it seems like Amex's credit processing is down, since I can't even check the status without the site giving me an error.  So I decided that while I was waiting, I would apply for a Chase Freedom MC.  And I got approved!  I'll have to call monday to check my credit limit, and I'm anxiously waiting for Amex is work, but I feel like I'll be let down.  Oh well, I'll try again next year!

Happy gardening!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: I got the itch...

Congrats on the approval! What does your AAOA look like and do you have any derogs?

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

37% util(Actually about to go way up due to the fact that I just had to put a lot of car work onto a card, part of the reason I app'd trying to combat util.  Not that I can't afford to pay my cards down, just trying to keep some free income in case of an emergency)

AAoA is actually only 7 months

No derogs, 6 inq's on TU.

Message 3 of 11
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've wanted an Amex ever since I can remember, so I started building credit, and tonight I decided to try for an Amex BCE.  Unfortunately, it seems like Amex's credit processing is down, since I can't even check the status without the site giving me an error.  So I decided that while I was waiting, I would apply for a Chase Freedom MC.  And I got approved!  I'll have to call monday to check my credit limit, and I'm anxiously waiting for Amex is work, but I feel like I'll be let down.  Oh well, I'll try again next year!

Happy gardening!

Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status - automated). Just an fyi you should be able to find out your credit limit and Apr through this number

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 4 of 11
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

You should apply for AMEX Zync to build a relationship with AMEX. BCE is one of their toughest cards to get. So if you didnt get hit with an inq because of the system problems consider yourself lucky and apply for the Zync instead. 

NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that.  Just called chase.  $500 CL.  They did the same thing Discover did to me.  Ouch :/

Message 6 of 11
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Dang BCE with 7 months of history big congrats dude call in 61 days after you activate for 3X CLI. I might have to apply for BCE in January!

PenFed Promise 5K
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nooo, that was for chase.  Sorry for the confusion.  Amex isn't working, haha.

Message 8 of 11
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

LOL I was about to say....

PenFed Promise 5K
Message 9 of 11
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

id wait to drop your util. down below 10% and you should apply for a Zync. it took me a couple tries to get approved the BCP. MY AAoA was about 2 yrs.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.