cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got tired of the Cap 1 song & dance!!!!

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: I got tired of the Cap 1 song & dance!!!!

At this point in time, if reduced personal cards to four, quicksilver would probably go.
Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 81
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Every company seems to have their quirks. Chase will very rarely give an auto cli and any request will be a hp or you can open up another card to move limits is a hp (or 2) and a AAoA hit, seems they will never lower apr so IF i want a lower apr on my freedom as its is high of 22.99% I should close the card and reapply.

Barcaly is very sensitive (or so it seems from these boards) and will cld/close your accounts if they dont like something, i wouldnt know as they refuse to give me a card.

Amex, a somewhat tougher to get in lender (though they may have loosened up lately), can be FR'ed or request income verification and if you dont comply will close your account or if you ever try to open another one you will have to comply first.

Citi, i don't even know as another one i cant get in, i believe due to a CO from early 2000, but seems like low SL on the DC, harder to get in, CLI are hp..

Capital one, less conservative, 3 hard pull apps, sp cli regular way, sp cli EO way, can't combine limits, PCing seems ymmv, etc

none of these are perfect lenders and I have read numerous complaint about them all

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 32 of 81
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@alexl22 wrote:

Every company seems to have their quirks. Chase will very rarely give an auto cli and any request will be a hp or you can open up another card to move limits is a hp (or 2) and a AAoA hit, seems they will never lower apr so IF i want a lower apr on my freedom as its is high of 22.99% I should close the card and reapply.

Barcaly is very sensitive (or so it seems from these boards) and will cld/close your accounts if they dont like something, i wouldnt know as they refuse to give me a card.

Amex, a somewhat tougher to get in lender (though they may have loosened up lately), can be FR'ed or request income verification and if you dont comply will close your account or if you ever try to open another one you will have to comply first.

Citi, i don't even know as another one i cant get in, i believe due to a CO from early 2000, but seems like low SL on the DC, harder to get in, CLI are hp..

Capital one, less conservative, 3 hard pull apps, sp cli regular way, sp cli EO way, can't combine limits, PCing seems ymmv, etc

none of these are perfect lenders and I have read numerous complaint about them all

Not numerous.

barclays treats you real well once score hits 750 (they only deal with TU).  CLI automatic, went from 5k to 10k overnight without asking.  Will lower apr without EO intervention from 1 to 3 percentage points at a time.

Chase, very generous starting limits, mid tier apr's when over 720.  They will lower apr's after so many years, but if gardening for couple, when apping next round, easy to take hard pull (they use TU, again good to be around 750) for cli.  Show them lots of love during first six to twelve months, probably get another cli.

Amex very rarely fr's, only when your spend doesn't match your income (google).  Have a startup small business?  FR even less likely because they use projected revenue, not yet on tax documents.  Great on apr reductions from the get go, after intro period up, can even go to lowest tier.

All the above is handled by reps over phone.  Cap one, I liked, they perma removed my fee.  Had to go through EO twice, second time they wern't going to transfer call.  But highest apr.  I get same cash back by loading business paypal card (since I have the grandfathered 1.5%, will be using it for free cash back on rent with Radpad).  So, really don't need it, or the aggravation.  The aggravation is the pulling teeth to get to EO.  However, when score over 700, can get things done,  just a headache compared to calling regular CS on the other companies.

You didn't  mention discover, which is even better, and citi has been lowering apr's repeatedly, if your profile warrants it.

Signature needs updating
Message 33 of 81
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Smart lady! Congrats on understanding that the relationship has been outgrown.  It was good while it lasted.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 34 of 81
alexl22
Regular Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@alexl22 wrote:

Not numerous.

barclays treats you real well once score hits 750 (they only deal with TU).  CLI automatic, went from 5k to 10k overnight without asking.  Will lower apr without EO intervention from 1 to 3 percentage points at a time.

Chase, very generous starting limits, mid tier apr's when over 720.  They will lower apr's after so many years, but if gardening for couple, when apping next round, easy to take hard pull (they use TU, again good to be around 750) for cli.  Show them lots of love during first six to twelve months, probably get another cli.

Amex very rarely fr's, only when your spend doesn't match your income (google).  Have a startup small business?  FR even less likely because they use projected revenue, not yet on tax documents.  Great on apr reductions from the get go, after intro period up, can even go to lowest tier.

All the above is handled by reps over phone.  Cap one, I liked, they perma removed my fee.  Had to go through EO twice, second time they wern't going to transfer call.  But highest apr.  I get same cash back by loading business paypal card (since I have the grandfathered 1.5%, will be using it for free cash back on rent with Radpad).  So, really don't need it, or the aggravation.  The aggravation is the pulling teeth to get to EO.  However, when score over 700, can get things done,  just a headache compared to calling regular CS on the other companies.

You didn't  mention discover, which is even better, and citi has been lowering apr's repeatedly, if your profile warrants it.

Well then you are reading other boards then me, I see complaints about all these companies on here and the other credit board I read. Also I have seen at least a couple threads about how chase will never lower your apr, very recently in fact. I have very little experience with these companies as I started my rebuild back in 2013 and still have a couple of baddies holding me back until they fall off in 2016, most of the information I posted from other members experiences on here and the other board I read. Seems maybe you should add a YMMV as with all things credit related.

Message 35 of 81
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@alexl22 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@alexl22 wrote:

Not numerous.

Well then you are reading other boards then me, I see complaints about all these companies on here and the other credit board I read. Also I have seen at least a couple threads about how chase will never lower your apr, very recently in fact. I have very little experience with these companies as I started my rebuild back in 2013 and still have a couple of baddies holding me back until they fall off in 2016, most of the information I posted from other members experiences on here and the other board I read. Seems maybe you should add a YMMV as with all things credit related.

I'll take it under consideration.  But reading boards are not facts.  Let's see how you feel when your scores stay steadily over 730. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 81
alexl22
Regular Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-is-Chase-with-lowering-APRs/m-p/3738616/highlight/t...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Freedom-APR-reduction-vs-closing-reapp/m-p/388993...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Denied-APR-Reduction/m-p/3910217/highlight/true#M...

General consensus is that Chase rarely lowers apr, at least thats what I got from these threads, again YMMV

Message 37 of 81
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@alexl22 wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-is-Chase-with-lowering-APRs/m-p/3738616/highlight/t...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Freedom-APR-reduction-vs-closing-reapp/m-p/388993...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Denied-APR-Reduction/m-p/3910217/highlight/true#M...

General consensus is that Chase rarely lowers apr, at least thats what I got from these threads, again YMMV

Your post had more to do with several lenders, not just chase.  And capital one rarely lowers apr.  So there. Smiley Happy

In a prove you are right mood aren't we?

Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 81
alexl22
Regular Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@alexl22 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@alexl22 wrote:

Not numerous.

I'll take it under consideration.  But reading boards are not facts.  Let's see how you feel when your scores stay steadily over 730. Smiley Wink

Well everything credit wise is subjective not facts, and I feel just fine with my 660+/- scores, where did I ever say I didnt? This was just me relaying what I have gathered from other posters subjective experiences. Basicaly that capital one is not the only lender that people have problems with, people experience negatives accross the board with lenders. Some people claim capital one has great customer service and have had nothing but great experiences with them, other have nothing good to say about them.

Message 39 of 81
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Hahaha my post was that all the lenders have their quirks, it was never about one lender being better than another.

Message 40 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.