cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got tired of the Cap 1 song & dance!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got tired of the Cap 1 song & dance!!!!

@lg8302ch wrote:

You did the right thing. To pay an AF on a card the benefits will need to outweigh the AF or it does not make much sense as there are many no AF cards on the market. 

Thanks!!! Yes there are lots of fabulous credit cards without an annual fee. I own a few of them. Keep up the good work!!!

Message 71 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

strange, they have always been good to me. Maybe it's because I never had an annual fee to deal with and that my limit is grandfathered at $12,000.

Message 72 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

strange, they have always been good to me. Maybe it's because I never had an annual fee to deal with and that my limit is grandfathered at $12,000.

I am happy that you have had success with Cap 1. Keep up the good work!!!

Message 73 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright I had every intention of closing my Cap One QS One that has had the same $500 limit for past 14 years, and a $60 annual fee. Just to prove to myself that they hate me, I hit the luv button today... And got my first CLI from 500 to 1500.

They gave my other QS One an increase from 2000 to 4000. So there's that.

Still not happy with that AF. Maybe I can get that waived.
Message 74 of 81
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Cap 1 severely striates its customer base.......

At least from what iv been reading and seeing...

If you have a card that wasnt originally issued with Cap 1... ... That card will be treated badly and youll have a scarlett letter on their internal scoring....

They *want* you to cancel that card..... and apply for a new Cap One card with no baggage attached... (but at the expense of 3 HP).....

(They will work with you usually on cards they have issued but not on legacy/inheireted accounts)

If you have a Venture or other "more Prime" card they treat you decently....

They want people to get rid of accounts they inheireted from other banks...... 

Message 75 of 81
NRB525
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

If you have a card that wasnt originally issued with Cap 1... ... That card will be treated badly and youll have a scarlett letter on their internal scoring....

They *want* you to cancel that card..... and apply for a new Cap One card with no baggage attached... (but at the expense of 3 HP).....

(They will work with you usually on cards they have issued but not on legacy/inheireted accounts)

True post, good outline of what Capital One wants, however HP do not cost anyone a single penny. There is no Expense of a HP, let alone 3 HP. The only thing it "costs" is a fantasy image of points related to a made up number called FICO score that no one outside the mind of the cardholder really knows or cares about.

Capital One wants you to reapply for a new card if the card you have does not meet your needs. Even if the card does not meet your needs, they are one of if not THE most reliable CCC out there.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 76 of 81
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

The only thing it "costs" is a fantasy image of points related to a made up number called FICO score.....

I LOVE THIS

Message 77 of 81
joltdude
Senior Contributor

They do cost you and have a monetary value financially speaking....

Less ideal deals, 

Higher APRs

More in interest....

Additional points or points and percentage on a morgage....

Credit scores put a value on your reputation and reliability TO PAY 

I dont know about you but thats money thats best left IN MY WALLET, not theirs...

Message 78 of 81
NRB525
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

They do cost you and have a monetary value financially speaking....

Less ideal deals, 

Higher APRs

More in interest....

Additional points or points and percentage on a morgage....

I dont know about you but thats money thats best left IN MY WALLET, not theirs...

In the OP situation, however, if the original Capital One card had a $60 AF, and OP apped a brand new Quicksilver No-AF card, then OP could combine the limit from the old card in 6 months, to the new card, close the old card, and begin saving $60 per year. In 10 years that's $600 savings, and a 10 year history with a solid workhorse card, 1.5% everywhere with no AF to earn out of. All from going for the triple pull to get the QS.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 79 of 81
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I would have closed the thing too.. but I wouldnt have just opened up another account with the same bank.. 

Another set of dings just for what should be a simple PC.... Id go elsewhere where my buisness is wanted..

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.