Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess I need more credit cards...

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I guess I need more credit cards...

Ok, I was planning to get the Upromise.com credit card. It just wasn't a big priority.

Then, they emailed me a special offer with a $50 signup bonus (twice the normal $25 bonus). Then, the very next day, they send me another offer with a $75 bonus.

Unfortunately I intentionally let my priceline.com card report 57% usage, to set a new high usage on that card. So my credit score was down 18-20 points. A week later, they sent me another offer at the $75 bonus rate. I've been checking periodically since then, and those $75 offers are still valid.

Now my priceline.com card is back to reporting 2% usage instead of 57%. So today, I get an offer for the Upromise.com card with a $100 signup bonus! I check my FAKO scores, and Credit Karma score jumped 42 points this week! Credit Sesame jumped 21 points...

I think the credit gods are trying to tell me something.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: I guess I need more credit cards...

well I guess they are, let us know when your approved, congrats in advance

Message 2 of 5
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Ok, I was planning to get the Upromise.com credit card. It just wasn't a big priority.

Then, they emailed me a special offer with a $50 signup bonus (twice the normal $25 bonus). Then, the very next day, they send me another offer with a $75 bonus.

Unfortunately I intentionally let my priceline.com card report 57% usage, to set a new high usage on that card. So my credit score was down 18-20 points. A week later, they sent me another offer at the $75 bonus rate. I've been checking periodically since then, and those $75 offers are still valid.

Now mypriceline.com card is back to reporting 2% usage instead of 57%. So today, I get an offer for the Upromise.com card with a $100 signup bonus! I check my FAKO scores, and Credit Karma score jumped 42 points this week! Credit Sesame jumped 21 points...

I think the credit gods are trying to tell me something.

Unless you go to any of the restaurants/gas stations/movie theaters in their network regulary, don't waste a HP on it, the rewards structure is gimmicky as hell. Get the blue Amazon Visa instead--you'll have the coolest lineup ever! Hehe

Message 3 of 5
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

By the way, do you still get 2X points on non-Priceline purchases?

Message 4 of 5
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

By the way, do you still get 2X points on non-Priceline purchases?

I still get 2X on the priceline.com card.

The only reason I want the Upromise.com card, other than a signup bonus, is the 5% + 5% on online purchases. So usually you can get 10% cash back on most of the online stores in their shopping portal, and there are usually a few that are a bit higher than that. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.