cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess I should have seen this coming... (AMEX FR)

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: I guess I should have seen this coming... (AMEX FR)

@Anonymous wrote:
The more you talk the more it seems like what I've read from the get go which is that there's more to this than you're letting on and you know it.

Very vague, just as the account manager is hard to get ahold of.

Agreed. The whole story seems a bit more complex than originally let on. FR does not occur out of the clear blue sky for no reason. Period, end of story. There's a reason here that only Amex and maybe OP know. I wish them luck in getting it resolved.

Message 41 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I'm sure they know about extensions and so on. Even had you filed before April 15th. They don't have access until August mostly. So if you fiked today. They would not get it just show what you have and I'm sure you woukd be fine. Bank statements work too. 

Right, when doing 4506-T for CLI, if it is before Aug they want previous year tax returns.   So only an issue if your income then is well below what it is now (or rather what was stated on your app)

Message 42 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The more you talk the more it seems like what I've read from the get go which is that there's more to this than you're letting on and you know it.

And it really doesn't matter.    The OP was not particularly looking for speculation as to what caused it (too late for that anyway), just advice as to how to deal with being unable to reach the account manager.

We can never know when someone is telling ALL the details, especially as none of us know what is important in the decisions (maybe AMex targets people whose DOB has a certain checksum and OP didn't tell us his date of birth).      If you don't believe the OP, then just don't respond.   This wasn't presented as "If you do this you will get FR'd" story which might need more criticism....

Message 43 of 77
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And it really doesn't matter.    The OP was not particularly looking for speculation as to what caused it (too late for that anyway), just advice as to how to deal with being unable to reach the account manager.

We can never know when someone is telling ALL the details, especially as none of us know what is important in the decisions (maybe AMex targets people whose DOB has a certain checksum and OP didn't tell us his date of birth).      If you don't believe the OP, then just don't respond.   This wasn't presented as "If you do this you will get FR'd" story which might need more criticism....

As far as not getting in touch with the manager, the only recourse is to just try again on Monday. Pretty simple. I highly doubt they work weekends. All OP can do is try on Monday and report back.

Message 44 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I'm being truly honest with you guys, my biggest concern about not knowing what documents I need... is my Taxes for 2014 haven't been filed yet. I have a current extension, and had planned to have them filed before October. 

I'm just one of these people, with a very complicated return that has to be handled by a accountant, and it's not something I can do in TurboTax by myself.  Now, I can very easily, show way more in income then I claimed on my application... however, it's really just the sake of me getting my return in, and hoping the IRS has it on file, fast enough for American Express to review. 

Hence, why I'm freaking out over this. I have no idea, how things are going to play out, because my situation is complicated. Although, it doesn't help that I can't reach anyone at Amex either....

@Michael 19,

On your other cards, I see the limits are much smaller than your Amex (not counting AU).  Are your reports clean? Also, when you say you maxed out the card and went over the limit, when was that if you requested a CLI upon activation?

Message 45 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much what kdm said but myfico signed me out even tho I'm browsing anyways..

It's just from the original post he made it half and half like "he was hoping it wouldn't happen" and "for the life of me don't know why" and he does comment about not being able to get ahold of the account manager and asking for advice so you're right

But at this point he's already escalating it and was doing so multiple times and have been told to sit tight and wait until Monday

Than speculating further as to why he could have been asked

So to me it just seems like there's more to the story and I commented as such

I don't see the big deal honestly but apparently to you it is so i sincerely apologize for making you feel that way
Message 46 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed. The whole story seems a bit more complex than originally let on. FR does not occur out of the clear blue sky for no reason. Period, end of story. There's a reason here that only Amex and maybe OP know. I wish them luck in getting it resolved.

@kdm31091, PM Me. I'll show you my account. Same goes for @longtimelurker. I don't have anything to hide. 

Message 47 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091, PM Me. I'll show you my account. Same goes for @longtimelurker. I don't have anything to hide. 

You don't need to do that.  Don't take it the wrong way the questions being asked.  Often times, we have come to realize in situations like this there is often more to the story than we are told.

So to get the best answers, we ask you to be transparent as possible. So these questions are being asked to figure out why Amex is doing this.

Message 48 of 77
steel_string
Regular Contributor

So how does the total spending from your AUs compare to yours in the time you've had the account? Could your account easily be mistaken for a front for someone that can't get an account on their own (e.g., someone engaged in criminal activity, who can't document their income)?

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 49 of 77
core
Valued Contributor

What is the point of these FRs anyway?

- Amex may think the OP is in financial trouble since he maxed out the card.  What good is looking at income from 9 long months ago?  And not even asking for household expenses?  A tax return even if it was based on yesterday's numbers doesn't say anything about how much trouble the person is in.

- Amex (in other people's situations) may be concerned about a bust out.  Again, how does income from 9 months ago show that a bust-out is not being attempted _now_?  It doesn't prove anything either way.

- Often mentioned in these FR threads is that maybe the person was MSing category rewards.  How is looking at last year's tax returns, before the Amex account even existed, going to prove or disprove MSing?  If they really wanted to get to the bottom of this possibility they'd ask for receipts or an itemized list of purchases or something.  Not tax returns.  

The guesses given for the reason for these FRs make NO sense.  The FRs themselves make very little sense.  Unless the only point of an FR is to punish someone a bit.

Message 50 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.