Did you mean: 

I guess the Zync rumors were not true

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: I guess the Zync rumors were not true

@thom02099 wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Ive been waiting for someone to bring zync back up.. why isnt holding one worth it? I know it has member rewards express points, I redeem 10k of them at a time for home depot $100 GC's. Is this not the same point value I would receive if I had a gold card? I earn a point per dollar spent with my zync and it only costs me $25 AF. Also it is always a rare card, cashiers are always suprised.

I recently saw an article on Warren Buffett, at a financial website, about "what's in your wallet".  He pulled out a Green card (member since 1964), but wouldn't divulge any other cards.  The author speculated that Mr. Buffett also perhaps had a Centurion or "the mythical white card" that only a select few have.  Apparently the author of that article has some knowledge of the rarity of our unicorns!!!

BRING BACK THE UNICORN ! ! ! Smiley Very Happy

I think Warren Buffet just carries the Green Card. He's not the Centurion type of Billionaire.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 16
lithium78
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Ive been waiting for someone to bring zync back up.. why isnt holding one worth it? I know it has member rewards express points, I redeem 10k of them at a time for home depot $100 GC's. Is this not the same point value I would receive if I had a gold card? I earn a point per dollar spent with my zync and it only costs me $25 AF. Also it is always a rare card, cashiers are always suprised.

I recently saw an article on Warren Buffett, at a financial website, about "what's in your wallet".  He pulled out a Green card (member since 1964), but wouldn't divulge any other cards.  The author speculated that Mr. Buffett also perhaps had a Centurion or "the mythical white card" that only a select few have.  Apparently the author of that article has some knowledge of the rarity of our unicorns!!!

I think Warren Buffet just carries the Green Card. He's not the Centurion type of Billionaire.

Yeah, he also drives a 12 year old pick-up truck.  He understand that the way you become rich is generally by not spending money (beyond what you need to make money, of course).

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

Yeah, he also drives a 12 year old pick-up truck.  He understand that the way you become rich is generally by not spending money (beyond what you need to make money, of course).

I agree with this, but I reckon there's also a point where it doesn't matter as much. Of course, some people don't like large houses and executive cards, and that's OK. I'm not one to be flashy, but if I ever become a billionaire, I certainly wouldn't drive around in a decade old truck. I would probably spend just to spend since you can't blow through all of it in a lifetime. If you look at old money families, you'll see more of not spending a lot of buying understated luxurious things.

Message 13 of 16
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:

Isn't there a high end Visa white card?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:

Vanilla? lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 15 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:

That card is a Stratus Rewards Visa Signature Card issued by US Bank. I a strep above the "Black Card" IMHO.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.