cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had no idea what I was doing when I did it.. Now I do...Thank you...

tag
culture
Regular Contributor

Re: I had no idea what I was doing when I did it.. Now I do...Thank you...

great post...good job on getting the knowledge spread ..... Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

Thanks... just doing my part and paying it foward.

Working everyday... to be better and wiser.
Goal: 710-750

Message 12 of 21
nursesrock
Valued Member

Re: I had no idea what I was doing when I did it.. Now I do..Thank you...

Gosh, I-got-it-finally..Great post!!! I felt like I was reading my story word for word. My husband was always talking to me about my credit as well, and saving more of our income. Then he lost his 120K + job and I had just had our second child. Well back to work I went, but that was years ago and since we have recovered nicely thanks to God. However, my mind set is totally different now. I will not take anything for granted as I seek to protect my credit and watch my (old and new) credit lines grow in the garden! Thanks again for sharing.

MSCU Platinum Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amazon Rewards Visa, Chase Slate, Chase Freedom, Sallie Mae World MC, BofA 123 Cash Rewards, AMEX PRG NPSL, AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles, AMEX ED (AU), Capital One Quicksilver One, Capital One Classic Platinum, Discover It, and some store cards (Macy's, Target, Amazon, Loft, Jared's-others are closed)
Message 13 of 21
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

@nursesrock wrote:

Gosh, I-got-it-finally..Great post!!! I felt like I was reading my story word for word. My husband was always talking to me about my credit as well, and saving more of our income. Then he lost his 120K + job and I had just had our second child. Well back to work I went, but that was years ago and since we have recovered nicely thanks to God. However, my mind set is totally different now. I will not take anything for granted as I seek to protect my credit and watch my (old and new) credit lines grow in the garden! Thanks again for sharing.

Hi Nursesrock.

I'm reallly glad that you were able to connect to my story. You are so right about not taking anything for granted and protecting your credit.  Its not easy, but coming here and learning has made my new journey worth every step( and stumble).. I wish you the best.

Working everyday... to be better and wiser.
Goal: 710-750

Message 14 of 21
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing, it is very inspirational to hear it in this manner.  I did also redo my credit!  I used to always think that if you used all the credit that you had it was a good thing.  Oh boy how wrong I was.  If I knew then what I know now, I probably would have approached things a little differently.  I also might be in greater debt and not learned the lessons that I did.  I will never have more credit card debt than I can pay off in 6 months!  In reality right now I won't even use more than I can pay off tomorrow!  However, I know the future may bring some changes, but changes I can control with the new knowledge and suffering from the past.  Between Credit Karma and FICO forums I learned a lot and really did change my credit habits, scores, and limits.  It is nice to hear the story of another who got help from here.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 21
nursesrock
Valued Member

bernhardtra,

I agree with you concerning paying off cc debt in 6 months or less. I see that as a realistic especially when looking at your lines of credit. I am not there yet as I have "toy limits" right now so I try to PIF, now that I get utilization. I am so thankful for these forums! I too have learned the hard way, but case in point I am learning!. Hopefully, I will arrive in primeville within the next 6-12 months. For now, I will garden and watch my little seedlings grow.  Thanks for sharing!

MSCU Platinum Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amazon Rewards Visa, Chase Slate, Chase Freedom, Sallie Mae World MC, BofA 123 Cash Rewards, AMEX PRG NPSL, AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles, AMEX ED (AU), Capital One Quicksilver One, Capital One Classic Platinum, Discover It, and some store cards (Macy's, Target, Amazon, Loft, Jared's-others are closed)
Message 16 of 21
nursesrock
Valued Member

Finally approved for a prime card today, Chase Slate. The credit limit is not that high (1000), but it's a great start.  Paying my credit cards off has been the most benificial for me. Thanks to everyone in the forum for all of your help!

Message 17 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great story, congrats to your continued success Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
megaman1
Regular Contributor

what caused you to go from a 815 to 584 specifically?..
Message 19 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@I-got-it-finally wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
What a great post! Lol at the myFICO goody bags.

Congrats on getting back on your 'credit feet' and to paying it forward.

LOL..  09Lexie..Yep  I sure am.  Myfico information is going right  in the goody bag with the updated family directory, teeshirt and pen! We typically have a session of some importance with the younger ones. One year we had cooking lessons, another time we taught the video generation, how to play marble and fly a kite... This year they are getting credit lessons!Smiley Wink

wow I love this tradition!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.