Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Beneficial!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate Beneficial!!!!

So, in my long list of GW letters I've sent off, three more rejections came in the mail today, specifically Beneficial:

"We have researched your inquiry and noted a discrepancy with our reporting. To ensure that your credit report is corrected, we've sent updated info to the following credit bureaus....blah blah blah... Sincerely, Himabindu Gandham"

Lo and behold, they ADDED 30-day late payments to two of the credit bureaus for this account!!!!

I didn't think sending a GW letter could have such a bad result or I never would have sent them out. Out of the 15 GW letters I have sent out, only one, Citi, has said they they would delete the one 30-day late payment I have had with them. And it only reported the delete to one bureau!!!

ALL OTHERS HAVE BEEN REJECTED!!!

So, I think I have angered the "credit gods" and am DONE with GW letters. I think I will let everything be, so I don't decrease my credit score down to 300. Yikes!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate Beneficial!!!!

That stinks-

Need to ask the etiquette FICOer's if you are supposed to send a Thank you card?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That stinks-

Need to ask the etiquette FICOer's if you are supposed to send a Thank you card?

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of..."Dear Himabindu, ..."

Mmm, wait, we are supposed to keep these posts clean and friendly!!! I better stop myself.

But seriously, how cruel of a world is it where you send someone a letter explaining your troubled financial situation, and they are so mean that they add late payments on??? And then they send you a letter to tell you that???

Anyway, just had to vent...I'm over it. Really. *arrgh!*
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I will cancel my Orchard Bank card though...that might make me feel better!!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to wait til spring to kill off my household bank cards- this might put them to an early grave.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'd love to have someone on my bandwagon! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got your back -

I have answered a BUNCH of HSBC BS posts this weekend-

I wanna see some results or into the shredder they go-
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, they are pretty shady lately. Esp. with the online "check if you're pre-approved" and then they say you are pre-approved for an HSBC platinum card, only to tell you that you have exceeded the amount of cards you can have with them when you apply!

As well as the fact you have the exact same card that you just applied for, only you didn't know it because it was disguised under a different name, etc!

Chalk up another hard inquiry...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.