Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Wells Fargo

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I hate Wells Fargo

I mean really, I have never in my life experienced customer service so bad, not even compared to Walmart LOL.

I apped for them, was denied and tried to recon the underwriter said to me "Count yourself lucky that we even let you have a checking account with us" YEP. Been banking with them for over 4 years, never had an overdraft, bounced check, negatives. 

This girl is switching banks TOMORROW!

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: I hate Wells Fargo

Agreed. One of the worst!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 2 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I mean really, I have never in my life experienced customer service so bad, not even compared to Walmart LOL.

I apped for them, was denied and tried to recon the underwriter said to me "Count yourself lucky that we even let you have a checking account with us" YEP. Been banking with them for over 4 years, never had an overdraft, bounced check, negatives. 

I didn't have an really bad experience when i was with wells fargo. I just got tired of all the nickel and dime fees i seem to get charged. I decided to move my money to ally for their MMA account which was getting me about 25x better interest :-). They only started offering me credit cards after i closed my account with them lol.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 34
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I left Wells Fargo and never looked back.  After using them as my only bank for 7 years, and for the last 2 car loans the screwed me on.  Now happily with DCU

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 4 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Now that is brazen, when you have moved your money out of the bank I would write a letter to the CEO

Message 5 of 34
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

+1

And if the CEO comes back with ANYTHING negative like the rest of your experience with them or sick arrogant behavior just wash your hands of them memory n all.

If they're that crappy all the way around like i read so many posts about, i don't care how high their national bank standing, they'll eventually fall thru just like a sinkhole in a Corvette Museum.
Message 6 of 34
enharu
Super Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I would definitely contact executive office or write to the CEO.

Alternatively, you can also post this on facebook or twitter. 

Someone in upper management / public relations should get back to you in a relatively short timeframe once you contact them about this.

If the underwriter had indeed phrased his sentence this way, it is utterly unacceptable. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I would definitely contact executive office or write to the CEO.

Alternatively, you can also post this on facebook or twitter. 

Someone in upper management / public relations should get back to you in a relatively short timeframe once you contact them about this.

If the underwriter had indeed phrased his sentence this way, it is utterly unacceptable. 

+1

Do this before you close the account and see what happens higher up the ladder.

Message 8 of 34
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I hate them too! Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 34
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Which bank are you looking to move to? 

I've been having a great experience with Chase. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.