Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo CEO hails from a farming community of Pierz, Minnesota. His folks are still there. He might listen.
Message 11 of 34
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I used to have Wachovia (before they merged or bought out by Wells Fargo) and they were great.  I had a number of bad experiences after they merged so I left and never looked back.  I love Chase.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 12 of 34
Reoxys
Established Member

Agreeing with everyone else, contact the CEO about that ugly, unnecessary comment the underwriter made. Hopefully they can even find the phone call...

I moved my money out of WF as well, after they decided to convert my college checking account into a regular one and start tacking on fees. I was unemployed at the time and only had a little bit, yet they thought they were justified in charging me for having the account ("We won't charge you if you direct deposit money and maintain a certain balance." Yeah, that's awesome of you guys. I have next to no money, and they want to charge me. If I did have money, they would've left me alone. That's messed up.). So, this broke gal took her money to a local bank. Haven't had a problem with them.

I do have a CC with them, and it is my oldest card, so I don't want to close it. I charge my netflix fee to it every month.

Last App: November 12, 2013 - Wally World Discover. No more apps until my albatross (student debt) is gone
Message 13 of 34
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I mean really, I have never in my life experienced customer service so bad, not even compared to Walmart LOL.

I apped for them, was denied and tried to recon the underwriter said to me "Count yourself lucky that we even let you have a checking account with us" YEP. Been banking with them for over 4 years, never had an overdraft, bounced check, negatives. 

This girl is switching banks TOMORROW!

I would definitely contact executive office or write to the CEO.

Alternatively, you can also post this on facebook or twitter. 

Someone in upper management / public relations should get back to you in a relatively short timeframe once you contact them about this.

If the underwriter had indeed phrased his sentence this way, it is utterly unacceptable. 

In complete agreement, with enharu as well as other posters. 

However...  please don't let one bad experience with one person (unless you have other examples you didn't post) condemn the company.  As others have suggested, give management at a higher level an opportunity to deal with this situation.  Your feelings are entirely justified.  You need to be vindicated.  IF after appealing to higher up, you get no satisfaction, then there is every reason to be negative toward Wells Fargo. 

BUT, there are folks who have had very good customer service from Wells Fargo.  I'm one of them.  I have a mortgage with them.  I have a credit card.  I have a personal loan, and they approved me for an RV loan (which I declined for a better rate elsewhere).  To date, they've offered nothing but friendly, efficient customer service to me.  No, their products are not the best out there.  But the ones that I selected from them fit my needs. 

Message 14 of 34
hajew86
New Contributor

I have to say, while some might have had good experiences with the big banks i've had 0 issues and only great customer service from Charles Schwab Bank. I've been with them for 5 years in May. I love these guys! Roth IRA, Brockerage, Investor Checking and Savings. NO fees, NONE! Gotta love it Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 34
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

I would do my best to get the name of that rep you talked to. 

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 16 of 34
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

I also am in the I hate WF camp. I have a mortgage with them which is always paid on time. Received an offer in the mail to get a premier checking account with them and get a $100 bonus. After a week of following up with the branch was told I could only get a "second chance" checking account with fees because I had a repo with Wachovia- not even with them! back in 08

I'm not in chexsystems or anything like that. I find it odd that they would give me a mortgage at a fantastic rate, but not a checking account. And the customer service and follow up at the branch was horrible.

I took my business right down the street to Chase and was treated like they valued my business. I now have banking split between Chase, NFCU & USAA. My parents have also had poor experiences with WF.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 17 of 34
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wells Fargo CEO hails from a farming community of Pierz, Minnesota. His folks are still there. He might listen.

No offense to anyone here, but a mega bank CEO never sees/receives any letter, text, posting or phone call. These are people who make an obscene amount of money (CEO of Wells Fargo- John Stumpf 23 million 2012). He has a lot of buffers(Godfather reference) between him and the average person. Its delusional to think you ever get close to getting his attention, will never happen. I agree it was slightly offensive thing for a CSR to say.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 18 of 34
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I love going to Wells Fargo. There have been 4 branches I have been to around the city and all of them have really friendly employees giving awesome service. Always a cheerful bunch and typically leave me smiling. No experience with having their credit cards.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 19 of 34
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Hi All,

I've had many more negative experiences with them.  They have frozen my account for 30+ days with ALL my money it every time I go to corporate to make a complaint and would refuse to release it in order to "investigate" the problem.  They have refused to cash payroll checks account for inssuficient funds in my account - check was for $1500, and I had over 10k in the bank.  They question me every time I try to deposit any sum over $200 since their outside ATMS usually doesn't work and I have to go in and want to know why I'm not getting direct deposit or how I got the money, I have learned to cash my checks elsewhere and deposit in the ATM when its working.

I mean really the list goes on, I have to join a local bank since direct deposit is not an option for my job so Compass/BBVA is the only other option.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.