Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate our joint Discover Card

tag
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: I hate our joint Discover Card

Maybe I could shine a little light at the end of the tunnel, but I was able to receive a CLI on my joint Discover account with a 3 way call, and only a soft pull last week.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 21 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

It NEVER qualifies for SP CLI and they all have to be called in becuase they need to speak to both of us... FOR SP requests!! then it ALWAYS comes back that they want a hp because i don't think the discover system can actually pull sp's on both cardmembers on the account so they always want the hp so they can see my credit.

Defeats half the benefits of this card!!!

CL sucks, interest rate sucks... im over it!

Thanks, just felt like venting and I didn't even call them today Smiley Tongue

Close it.

LOL...this is always your answer to everything, hahaha

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

It NEVER qualifies for SP CLI and they all have to be called in becuase they need to speak to both of us... FOR SP requests!! then it ALWAYS comes back that they want a hp because i don't think the discover system can actually pull sp's on both cardmembers on the account so they always want the hp so they can see my credit.

Close it.

That or apply.

Message 23 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Your discover probably won't see the light of day when the restaurant category is gone?  Until next year....Rotating cards are just a pain in the arse for me personally....  Freedom sees little use, prefer just to use CSP/SM or ED.

@Anonymous wrote:

Then why worry about the CL? Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Your discover probably won't see the light of day when the restaurant category is gone?  Until next year....Rotating cards are just a pain in the arse for me personally....  Freedom sees little use, prefer just to use CSP/SM or ED.

@Anonymous wrote:

Then why worry about the CL? Smiley Tongue

Me too.  The 5% restaurant is the only reason why I pulled out my Discover, it otherwise sits around all year.  For all my cards, only Discover and Freedom get me back 5% dining.  You'd think some other cool 5% Dining card would come out.

Message 25 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Close it.

That or apply.

Nixon's Choices.jpg

Message 26 of 28
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

The card that DW and I consider our favorite is our joint card. We had it for fifteen years before we even bothered to apply for anything else, which time it seemed like no one offered joint cards any longer and everyone encouraged the authorized user approach. The card built up a $40K credit limit during those years; no wonder that we love it so! In contrast, our Discover cards have by far our lowest limits, and we don't benefit much from their rewards; heck, the Discover Miles card doesn't even give you the option to transfer points to airlines, does it?

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

The card that DW and I consider our favorite is our joint card. We had it for fifteen years before we even bothered to apply for anything else, which time it seemed like no one offered joint cards any longer and everyone encouraged the authorized user approach. The card built up a $40K credit limit during those years; no wonder that we love it so! In contrast, our Discover cards have by far our lowest limits, and we don't benefit much from their rewards; heck, the Discover Miles card doesn't even give you the option to transfer points to airlines, does it?

No.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.