cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 1 cc with an AF. What are my options please?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have 1 cc with an AF. What are my options please?

Hello everyone! I have one cc that has an AF, its my Cap One QS1, and can't remember if its $19, $29, or $39 AF. I think it transferred over a few months back when I pc'ed my plat to the QS. My one year is coming up next month, and didn't know what options I could have given my BK and scores to pc. It's not a terrible AF and I'm super grateful for the card because of my rebuild. Should I just chill another year and at the 2 yr mark ask to pic to a different cap one MasterCard without an AF? I know we can contact the EO, but how are they at removing AF's? Thought please?Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I have 1 cc with an AF. What are my options please?

Easy pesy they'll remove it while your on the phone in most cases ....EO time Pizza 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you MJ!!
Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Thank you MJ!!

Forgot to add ask them to waive for life but most of the time they won't now a days ....they'll wavie for the year then next year call again ....They're quick to waive an AF 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh good to know!!! Thanks for the infoSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Capital One...  How did I know??

I have seen very little success out of a phone call unless you happen to save the number and get the same person from last year.

It's more likely to take emails + phone calls + at least a week of waiting.  Basic customer service from Cap One generally take jumping through many hoops.  I held on to my QS1 for three years trying to get a permanemt AF waiver year after year and finally gave up and closed it.  They will waive it year after year for one more year,  but they want you to spend a week waiting and begging for it.

Message 6 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Doesn't sound like its worth it too me to call every dang year for it. I'll just take the AF every year since its small and just wait till I can be approved for a better cards years down the road. I'd like to keep it open all the way until my Bk is off reports to show longevity when apping in 9 yrs lolSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Doesn't sound like its worth it too me to call every dang year for it. I'll just take the AF every year since its small and just wait till I can be approved for a better cards years down the road. I'd like to keep it open all the way until my Bk is off reports to show longevity when apping in 9 yrs lolSmiley Happy

So let me get this right 

You would rather save the cost of an email probably 0.01l and then wait for them to call you on their time and dollar to  save you $$$$$$$$$$....Pizza Pizza SMH

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lmao MJ!!
Message 9 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Alright alright!!! I'll call Monday Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.