cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 chase freedoms...

tag
tamago

I have 2 chase freedoms...

PI have 2 chase freedoms, thinking of converting them to freedom ultimate and sapphire reserve.  Will I get new sign in bonus for each card?  I'll convert back to no af afterwards

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have 2 chase freedoms...

No you would not get the sign-up bonuses PC'ing them.  

Message 2 of 14
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

If you are under 5/24 apply for a new CSR card, PCing will mean no rewards just a new card so pretty useless.

Message 3 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
If you are 5/24 apply for a new CSR card, PCing will mean no rewards just a new card so pretty useless. 

Well, it depends if the enhanced rewards + travel credit (vs AF) make it worthwhile, in which case it made be worth doing.  As others have said, once below 5/24, you can cancel the CSR, apply again and get it with the bonus.

Message 4 of 14
tamago

Thanks for replies.  My main drivers are the Amex and fidelity but I'm thinking of visiting korea

Message 5 of 14
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

True but you want to get those 100K UR. So apart from travel credit that is 1500 (if used through Chase) and PCing is a bad idea in that sense. Who knows where Chase might be in terms of UR bonus by the time OP can apply again
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just combine limits and close one. Apply for C$R and get that sweet 100K offer
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just combine limits and close one. Apply for C$R and get that sweet 100K offer

Why not product change one to FU if OP is able to apply for CSR? Unlimited 1.5% UR gain for general spending is great for those of us who value travel UR. Combined with CSR it can make portal travel redemption a pretty sweet deal effectively making the FU a 2.25% [travel redemption] card. I personally would advise against closing a Chase card if you can still find value in it, especially considering that 5/24 makes it very difficult to get back in (for most/some of us).

Message 8 of 14
noobody
Established Contributor

why PC to anything else when you can DOUBLE the cap, I love my two freedoms, drug store is my favorite category!

If OP under 5/24, just apply CSR

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:

why PC to anything else when you can DOUBLE the cap, I love my two freedoms, drug store is my favorite category!

If OP under 5/24, just apply CSR

Another good example of the value of keeping the other Chase card ;-)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.