cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a bunch of points with my credit card... (Ritz Carlton Rewards Credit Card). Question?

tag
ghawdex
Valued Member

I have a bunch of points with my credit card... (Ritz Carlton Rewards Credit Card). Question?

Hello everyone,

I have about 280,000 points on my Ritz Carlton credit card. 

Now, I honestly don't know much about this card, except for the travel rewards which I have used.

I just found out that I have 280,000 points.

My question is what exactly can I use these for?

I'm looking to plan a trip to Europe again this year, could I use the points towards plane tickets? If so, how would I go about it and see how many points it would cost me?

Thank You

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a bunch of points with my credit card... (Ritz Carlton Rewards Credit Card). Question?

I personally don't have the card and therefore can't help directly. I recommend sending Chase a SM or calling. But most of my cards with Chase have a section that says something like points and under it a link that says see balance. After I click on that, the points show and a link shows up beneath it that says redeem. You can look through that and just not confirm a redemption.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a bunch of points with my credit card... (Ritz Carlton Rewards Credit Card). Question?

The best use of Ritz/Marriott points is to redeem for travel packages. For 250k points you can get 100,000 miles in many frequent flyer programs and 7 nights in a category 1-5 hotel or use 280k points for the miles and 7 nights in a category 6.  100k miles should get 2 economy awards and a good hotel in the category 6 or below category. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you fly Southwest you have enough points to get a companion pass and a 7night stay package at a C1-5 Marriott.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ghawdex wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have about 280,000 points on my Ritz Carlton credit card. 

Now, I honestly don't know much about this card, except for the travel rewards which I have used.

I just found out that I have 280,000 points.

My question is what exactly can I use these for?

I'm looking to plan a trip to Europe again this year, could I use the points towards plane tickets? If so, how would I go about it and see how many points it would cost me?

Thank You

Wow... that's a lot of points. How long did it take you to accumulate so many? Is the Ritz Carlton the card you use for daily spend?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.