cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a score of 810, why does my application require "further investigation"?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: I have a score of 810, why does my application require "further investigation"?

@CHARGE_IT wrote:

"New hubby, new home" ? Could that include a new name and or address ? These are two obvious reasons you might need to offer additional information for the bank.

A good score, but it is not all about the score. I hope that doesn't bother you. Btw, sad about hubby. (King too)

CI

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 15+ years of credit history.  I've owned, had mortgages on, and sold two homes, 3 cars, and several credit cards (all closed in good standing).  I have 2 open CCs now with 96% available credit and a small car loan.  My debt-to-income ratio is a whopping 8% (because of the car).  I live in my new hubby's house and pay no rent or mortgage.

I am fixing to call them (as it's still pending) and tell them to forget about it. 

Op I think maybe a new name and new address might need further verification. With your info I bet you get a nice approval after they confirm a couple of things. Good luck.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a score of 810, why does my application require "further investigation"?

I actually ended up canceling the application.  Under further review of the terms, I have a better card now already.  It doesn't offer the cash rewards, but that's ok. I'm still curious what triggered all this.  I got my last card with them under all the same conditions (new address, name, employer) and a 50 point less credit score and it was instant.

On myfico.com where I checked my score, both reports showed all "greats" in the "credit at a glance" section. This is near and dear to my heart because for 15 years I've been striving for that 800 club, lived in the 600 and 700 club and I was just so proud (mostly because of eating rice and beans to pay down a scary credit card debt which is just slightly above 0 now and will be zero at pay day).

anyway, thanks for all the valuable feedback! 

Message 12 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

it can happen even when you have typically been instantly approved and is not necessarily a denial nor some sort of affront to your credentials.  even an 810 doesn't prevent system glitches or data mismatches, etc. :smileyhappy: which could have been the problem.  it happened to me b4 and scores had nothing to do with it.  they may've simply needed to confirm some basic info that became corrupted.  i'd think neutral not up or down if it happens in the future. 

give yourself enough time b4 next app to review the card info so you don't waste an inq.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 19
mt2va
Established Contributor

I believe OP stated in another thread this was NFCU that required the "further investigation" whereas a number of posters on this forum have stated that they have 800+ scores & high income & also had to have a manual review with NFCU. 

Its funny how everyone has gotten used to instant gratification & the second they don't get it they throw a fit.  I know I for one am very happy NFCU manually reviewed my app but in my case it was because of my low score and income lower than most on here.  This actually allowed me to get approved unlike every where else that denied me. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol
Message 15 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

NFCU? Jeez you probably left 25K on the table. 
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My app was in process for almost 3 weeks.  I had to fax in DL, SS card, utility bills and paystubs.  Then I had to wait a couple days and fax it again.  Then they couldn't read the DL so I enlarged it and faxed it again.  I was just about to say cancel the app once I got the 'under review' message.  But I'm glad I waited.  My EQ isn't even in the 700s (It was 665 at app time) and I got a 10k limit.  They were very nice to me throughout the process and apologized for the delay.  

Sometimes a non-instant decision is a good thing, especially if they are going to give you a 5-figure limit.

I've got the go rewards, and I've already used my points to credit the $18 annual fee.

DH has the cashrewards.

I'll probably get my next car loan with them.

It's a great relationship to build, they'll be around when other banks go under. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
NFCU? Jeez you probably left 25K on the table. 

I'm laughing pretty hard
Message 18 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

OP: Did you get saddled with a hard inq for this effort?
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.