New Contributor
Bluebonnet

I have been a bad little seedling..

I joined the garden almost immediately after formally joining this forum, and I have already left twice! :smileysad:

One was for a CLI that I thought would be soft, but ended up being a hard pull.

Most recently was for 2 cards that I really wanted.

Thankfully I was approved for all! :smileyhappy:

However, I would like a little advice.  I have a total of 5 cards now.  3 were opened about 2 months ago, and 2 yesterday. :smileyembarrassed:

I am going back to the garden and STAYING PUT until my original goal of Spring 2015.  I will, I will, I will! :smileyhappy:

What is the best way to help these accounts grow?  Is it okay if I let a balance report on more than one as long as total utility is under 9%?  How long should I wait to request CLI or should I just be safe and let them be automatic until I am ready to come out of the garden?  

I am also an AU on a furniture card that has greater than 50% util, but it is 0%.  Don't want to remove myself.  Should I just focus on getting that down and not worry about letting a balance post on my cards at all?

Thanks for the advice!  :smileyhappy:  *heading back to garden*

Last app: 5/21/14
In the garden until Summer of 2016
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: I have been a bad little seedling..

Bluebonnet wrote:

I joined the garden almost immediately after formally joining this forum, and I have already left twice! :smileysad:

One was for a CLI that I thought would be soft, but ended up being a hard pull.

Most recently was for 2 cards that I really wanted.

Thankfully I was approved for all! :smileyhappy:

However, I would like a little advice.  I have a total of 5 cards now.  3 were opened about 2 months ago, and 2 yesterday. :smileyembarrassed:

I am going back to the garden and STAYING PUT until my original goal of Spring 2015.  I will, I will, I will! :smileyhappy:

What is the best way to help these accounts grow?  Is it okay if I let a balance report on more than one as long as total utility is under 9%?  How long should I wait to request CLI or should I just be safe and let them be automatic until I am ready to come out of the garden?  

I am also an AU on a furniture card that has greater than 50% util, but it is 0%.  Don't want to remove myself.  Should I just focus on getting that down and not worry about letting a balance post on my cards at all?

Thanks for the advice!  :smileyhappy:  *heading back to garden*

Again? Really? Lol

Congarts on the new seedlings 

What cards did you apply for? excited huh....LOL

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
New Contributor
Bluebonnet

I just applied for ON (10% off on Tuesdays) and I applied for Discover it.  I was really happy about Discover because I originally applied in June and was denied.  I don't know why I tried again - maybe because I knew I was done - this was my last hoorah until Spring.  I was told to call, and I spoke with a very nice rep who approved me. :smileyhappy:  Very excited about that one.

I am staying in the garden though - just for the inquiries alone.  I think a particular CU went hard pull crazy on me. :smileywink:  

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Bluebonnet wrote:

I just applied for ON (10% off on Tuesdays) and I applied for Discover it.  I was really happy about Discover because I originally applied in June and was denied.  I don't know why I tried again - maybe because I knew I was done - this was my last hoorah until Spring.  I was told to call, and I spoke with a very nice rep who approved me. :smileyhappy:  Very excited about that one.

I am staying in the garden though - just for the inquiries alone.  I think a particular CU went hard pull crazy on me. :smileywink:  

Congrats again and off to the GC with you 

BTW you just made the ERT's watchlist :smileylol:

Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
New Contributor
Bluebonnet

LOL 

:smileysad: at ERT watchlist. 

Shogun

Bluebonnet wrote:

LOL 

:smileysad: at ERT watchlist. 

Come see me,,, I know the best places to hide!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

:smileylol:

New Contributor
Bluebonnet

:smileyvery-happy:

I will just stand by you in the garden then! 

09Lexie

Definitely on the ERT list!

Keep your total util low and don't carry balances on too many cards. Since you are no longer apping it's not imperative that your util is below 10% but keep in mind lenders go sps for auto cli's.
New Contributor
Bluebonnet

Thanks Lexie.  I will def keep that in mind.  Will just not let balances post, and work on getting the balance for the AU account down.  Just wasn't sure if or how much the AU acount was affecting.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+