Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have come to a conclusion: AMEX Doesn't like me

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I have come to a conclusion: AMEX Doesn't like me

It's starting to get so bad that i don't even care anymore, I just cannot understand how they approve applicants who barely have any history but cannot trust someone who has been a member for over 2 years with perfect history.

Not only that but my credit has improved significantly since they gave me the Zync (Fico of 620 when approved for Zync, Fico of 670 now), Even funnier is the fact that i had 14 INQ at the time the Zync was approved, Now i only have 3.

I don't really care anyway, all of the applications have been soft pulls and at least i get my Fico everytime.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: I have come to a conclusion: AMEX Doesn't like me

try a product change in april.

Message 2 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Sorry Denny. 

I have a feeling you are looking good for the Delta Gold Amex. It looks like you haven't applied for that one in a while. Wait a few months and maybe try again for that one. Maybe wait until you hit 680 as well!

Good Luck and cheer up.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree- product change in April. I forgot about that
Message 5 of 24
PSouz
Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

It's starting to get so bad that i don't even care anymore, I just cannot understand how they approve applicants who barely have any history but cannot trust someone who has been a member for over 2 years with perfect history.

Not only that but my credit has improved significantly since they gave me the Zync (Fico of 620 when approved for Zync, Fico of 670 now), Even funnier is the fact that i had 14 INQ at the time the Zync was approved, Now i only have 3.

I don't really care anyway, all of the applications have been soft pulls and at least i get my Fico everytime.

that is really shocking to me considering you have a zync with them, they approved me for a bce after having my zync for less than 2 years, maybe doing a PC will work, I dont know if they PC zyncs though, I believe I tried to upgrade it once and they said it couldnt be done, but maybe I am mistaken.

its good theyre soft pulls and nice you get your fico

and at least maybe if you give it another six months to a year, and your credit goes up even more im sure youll be able to get another card from them, and it will be backdated too so it will be as if you got it now anyways

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 6 of 24
stema8701
Valued Member

Do you have NPSL Zync or Hard Limit? If it is a hard limit zync I would close it and then apply. I don't know if it works but my app status looked quite similar to yours until I closed my hard limit Zync. I just got approved for BCE and Delta Gold @ 10K each.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score:EX FICO 741 EQ FICO 763 TU FICO 730
Goal Score: 800
NFCU Cash Rewards Sig (23K), Amex BCP(10K), Delta Reserve (20K) Discover IT(8K), CITI HHonors(10K), CSP (8K), CITI TYP(6.5K) CITI American Airlines (9K), Amazon Store Card(4K), Chase SW (4.5K)

Message 7 of 24
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

It's a Zync with $500 limit, Not possible to product change.

The only negative i have is a charge off from 2010 which has been paid, they always site that as the first reason.

Message 8 of 24
stema8701
Valued Member

I have a voluntary repo and 2 verizon chargeoffs on my experian but AMEX pulled all 3 when they approved me.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score:EX FICO 741 EQ FICO 763 TU FICO 730
Goal Score: 800
NFCU Cash Rewards Sig (23K), Amex BCP(10K), Delta Reserve (20K) Discover IT(8K), CITI HHonors(10K), CSP (8K), CITI TYP(6.5K) CITI American Airlines (9K), Amazon Store Card(4K), Chase SW (4.5K)

Message 9 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.