Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have gotten myself into an interest situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have gotten myself into an interest situation

OK people.  Give @twist7d7 a break.  Things happen and he has a solution.  He just wants the best way to go about it.  I really hope what I am reading about MYFICO on creditboards isn't true. Give him a break already.

Message 51 of 75
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous people.  Give @twist7d7 a break.  Things happen and he has a solution.  He just wants the best way to go about it.  I really hope what I am reading about MYFICO on creditboards isn't true. Give him a break already.

Thanks but its all good. 9 months is the max I would like for this to take. most of the time I pay things much faster then I plan on. Lifestyle cuts are sometimes to the extreme. This is why I got credit tho for car repairs i couldnt see coming or other things. its a good thing I had it if I didnt I would be in way worse shape

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 52 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twist7d7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous people.  Give @twist7d7 a break.  Things happen and he has a solution.  He just wants the best way to go about it.  I really hope what I am reading about MYFICO on creditboards isn't true. Give him a break already.

Thanks but its all good. 9 months is the max I would like for this to take. most of the time I pay things much faster then I plan on. Lifestyle cuts are sometimes to the extreme. This is why I got credit tho for car repairs i couldnt see coming or other things. its a good thing I had it if I didnt I would be in way worse shape

Yes!

Better to have it and not need it than not to have it and need it.

Message 53 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

If you went overboard with Christmas shopping, ask yourself the following: Is everything that I bought something that I actually NEEDED. With that being said, if you can return some items that are still eligible, do so.

As far as what cards to pay down. do them in order of interest. And do a balance transfer to the slate from the card with the highest balance. But be careful with maxing out the Slate. It is a new account. You do not want to get an AA.

+1. This is some really good advice.

Message 54 of 75
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Now when this is all over and things are payed down. What do i do with the slate? I also apped for the Freedom and was denied. They said I needed to close one of the accounts I had with chase inorder to open a freedom card. If i transfer the full CL to the CSP and then reapp would they approve me or would my total CL from chase be to high? 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 55 of 75
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's good for folks once they have good scores, and start to acquire credit, to learn from mistakes in the past.  There is NOTHING wrong with suggesting OP start saving that separate from investments.  I plan on doing it.  And what is so pertinent on CB, that this thread relates?

Signature needs updating
Message 56 of 75
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

Now when this is all over and things are payed down. What do i do with the slate? I also apped for the Freedom and was denied. They said I needed to close one of the accounts I had with chase inorder to open a freedom card. If i transfer the full CL to the CSP and then reapp would they approve me or would my total CL from chase be to high? 

They probably don't like the change in spending patterns.  After your 9 months, apply again.  Then try to move some limits over, and close the slate if you don't want it.

Signature needs updating
Message 57 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twist7d7 wrote:

You've hit your exposure limit.

Once the 0% runs out on Slate, Close and roll the CL into your CSP then app for a Freedom again.

Message 58 of 75
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

ok id like to get a 5k freedom siggy 

Message 59 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's good for folks once they have good scores, and start to acquire credit, to learn from mistakes in the past.  There is NOTHING wrong with suggesting OO start saving that separate from investments.  I plan on doing it.  And what is so pertinent on CB, that this thread relates?

@Imperfectfuture,

Maybe when you have time, you should go there and read the thread about MYFICO on there and you will understand why I can't go into it here.  Also, he has a plan already and hammering emergency funds when we don't know his/her situation is a bit much.  Yes, it is a good plan but lets not judge.

Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.