Established Contributor
landocalrissian

I have my new Chase Platinum Visa Card but I misjudged the introductory APR!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Well, I received my new Chase Platinum Visa Card in the mail yesterday with the 400 dollar limit.  Being excited, I activated the card and found out the APR is a variable 19.9%!!!!  I thought it was going to be 0% as an introductory rate for regular purchases, but that only applies to balance transfers and checks.  I was not happy, suffice it to say and I asked the customer service rep to drop the rate--She did not do it and she said that I should pay my balance on time and call in a few months to get the rate dropped.  If I make a late payment ever with Chase, I will get rate jacked quicker than a jackrabbit's heartbeat.  Heck, the rate doesnt even make me want to use the card, but I am going to have to in order to get any luv from them in the future.  I bought breakfast at MickeyD's this morning on the card and I am only going to make small purchases on the card and PIF them.  What kind of serious purchases can I make with a 400 dollar limit anyway at this point in time.  I am happy that I did get in door with them and the card does not have an annual fee.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-03-2008 09:30 AM

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-03-2008 11:56 AM
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: I have my new Chase Platinum Visa Card but I missed judged the introductory APR!!!!!

Life's little fine print surprises. :smileytongue: Oh, well, it's a PIFfer anyway, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

FWIW, if it makes you feel any better, I have the same APR. They said I could call back after three months and request a reduction. But I figure that I'd rather be given a CLI, or a conversion to a straight Chase card if Barnes and Noble buys out Borders and my card becomes orphaned.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
marty56

Re: I have my new Chase Platinum Visa Card but I missed judged the introductory APR!!!!!

If you are in a credit building/rebuilding mode, it is always good to get a card from a major player even with the small CL.  If you are trying to get enough credit for a specfig major purchase, I would look towards a store card.

My toal credit limit now is less then a third of what it used to be prior to DMP and I can assure you 100% I like my FICO scores now way better.

Keep working at it and you will get where you need to be.  It just takes time.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Established Contributor
landocalrissian

Hauling, what was your initial credit limit on your card??  How many CLI's have you received (hard pulls, I suspect).
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

landocalrissian wrote:
Hauling, what was your initial credit limit on your card?? How many CLI's have you received (hard pulls, I suspect).

I've only had it since late February, so there haven't been any changes. Initial (and current) CL is $3500. Two things about affinity cards (store + MC/Visa, organization + MC/Visa): they're frequently easier to get, and sometimes they have higher CL's. But you generally can't swap them to a non-affinity card, so I'm finding myself drowning in book and CD points. (It's a Borders Visa.)

I wish now that I'd gone straight for the Freedom, but I was chicken. I'm still amazed that anyone approved me for anything at all.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
Trishco

haulingthescoreup wrote:

landocalrissian wrote:
Hauling, what was your initial credit limit on your card?? How many CLI's have you received (hard pulls, I suspect).

I've only had it since late February, so there haven't been any changes. Initial (and current) CL is $3500. Two things about affinity cards (store + MC/Visa, organization + MC/Visa): they're frequently easier to get, and sometimes they have higher CL's. But you generally can't swap them to a non-affinity card, so I'm finding myself drowning in book and CD points. (It's a Borders Visa.)

I wish now that I'd gone straight for the Freedom, but I was chicken. I'm still amazed that anyone approved me for anything at all.

So my amazon.com issued by Chase is one of those affinity cards?  I had called to get the cl on it reduced/transferred to my Chase perfect and the csr wanted to do a hard inq!  Umm...no we'll skip that part!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+