Valued Member
Tracy727

Re: I have no credit & want a credit card I dont have the money for a secured card

did you try a gas card ? i hard exxon mobil was easy to get. or you can get a continental finance card. its unsecured but your limit will be 300 with 225 fees on it from day 1 . yes its a rip off but it helped me 2 yeas ago. you make payments and build history then add a new card every six months . its makes no sense getting any card unless you have the discipline to make payments on time and to be patient.
Regular Contributor
keithc

Re: I have no credit & want a credit card I dont have the money for a secured card

DO NOT under any circumstances get a first premier card- it is loaded up with fees!!! also, my advice is to listen to the Mods!!! i dont think you are ready for a card-try to buikld up score first!! my EQ is 670. i hope this helps!!!
Contributor
NinComPoop

Don't get a 1st Premier card because they charge you high startup costs + annual fee + $7 montly fee.  Definitely don't get a Continental Finance card because they charge you high startup costs + annual fee + $15 monthly fee and they also don't post your payment until 1 week after receiving it.  Just save your money and open a secured savings account with a credit union and apply for a secured card once you have at least the minimum amount (usually $300) to get the card.  The limit with Continental and 1st will either be $200 - $300 anyway.  Trust me it's not worth it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+