cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no credit & want a credit card I dont have the money for a secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have no credit & want a credit card I dont have the money for a secured card

did you try a gas card ? i hard exxon mobil was easy to get. or you can get a continental finance card. its unsecured but your limit will be 300 with 225 fees on it from day 1 . yes its a rip off but it helped me 2 yeas ago. you make payments and build history then add a new card every six months . its makes no sense getting any card unless you have the discipline to make payments on time and to be patient.
Message 11 of 13
keithc
Regular Contributor

Re: I have no credit & want a credit card I dont have the money for a secured card

DO NOT under any circumstances get a first premier card- it is loaded up with fees!!! also, my advice is to listen to the Mods!!! i dont think you are ready for a card-try to buikld up score first!! my EQ is 670. i hope this helps!!!
Message 12 of 13
NinComPoop
Contributor

Don't get a 1st Premier card because they charge you high startup costs + annual fee + $7 montly fee.  Definitely don't get a Continental Finance card because they charge you high startup costs + annual fee + $15 monthly fee and they also don't post your payment until 1 week after receiving it.  Just save your money and open a secured savings account with a credit union and apply for a secured card once you have at least the minimum amount (usually $300) to get the card.  The limit with Continental and 1st will either be $200 - $300 anyway.  Trust me it's not worth it.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.