cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have one bullet, where to shoot it"?

tag
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: I have one bullet, where to shoot it"?

@Crashem wrote:
My advice is different. Looking at where you are. It seems your next credit goal would be to get higher limits. Research your cards. Any that don't do hard inquiry, ask for higher credit line. Even if they do hard inquiry, might be worth it if you think ou will get it. Finally, I would recommend applying to one generous credit line grantor. Maybe a credit union. Catch 22 with credit lines is that no one wants to be first to grant significantly higher credit lines but all will rush to do so once they see others are.

That is the way middle school popularity works.

That is not the way banks work.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 21 of 25
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Discover Escape, not Miles, is the one I was thinking of above.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 25
cabronsaim
Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Discover Escape, not Miles, is the one I was thinking of above.

Uhmmm, now I need to decide between this and SDCCU ?

Could I do both ?

LOL

3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 23 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Actually that is the way credit works.  Not sure about middle school though

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 24 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@Crashem wrote:
My advice is different. Looking at where you are. It seems your next credit goal would be to get higher limits. Research your cards. Any that don't do hard inquiry, ask for higher credit line. Even if they do hard inquiry, might be worth it if you think ou will get it. Finally, I would recommend applying to one generous credit line grantor. Maybe a credit union. Catch 22 with credit lines is that no one wants to be first to grant significantly higher credit lines but all will rush to do so once they see others are.

That is the way middle school popularity works.

That is not the way banks work.

Eh....I woulddn't say they "rush" to do so...but it definitely makes them less skiddish to do it if they are on the fence about a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.