cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hit the HSBC luv button today and they hit me back with some LUV!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the HSBC luv button today and they hit me back with some LUV!!!!!

I went online to the HSBC website today and asked for a 1000 dollar CLI on my HSBC Cash or Fly MasterCard.  They gave it to me.  Now my credit limit with them is 2,350 dollars!!  This is my first credit card with a limit over 2000 dollars EVER.  And sure enough, this is the second CLI HSBC has given me over the past 11 months which makes me suspect that they only grant them in approximate 6 month intervals.  I received this card last summer.

This will do wonders for my utilization.  Gotta keep it down.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-02-2008 04:58 PM

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-02-2008 04:59 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I hit the HSBC luv button today and they hit me back with some LUV!!!!!

Yes, all RIGHT! That ought to be good for some dilithium crystals.

No, wait, wrong sci-fi series. Smiley Tongue Anyway, nice work.

Where are your scores now? Aren't you moving into Bank of America territory? Or if your EQ is getting up there, it might be credit union time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to check my scores.  I have been on this board for a hot minute and still have not become a score following addict like some of the members here.  But it is coming very soon.  Last I checked, I had a TU score in the low 600s.  I was also approved for a Chase Platinum Visa a couple of weeks ago (waiting for it to arrive) with a initial limit of 400 dollars (Trust me, I am not complaining one iota).  I have never given a CU CC any real consideration.  I am trying to build up the limits on the 9 CC's that I have already.  But down the line, who knows.  I know that the MyFico family will provide the knowledge and encouragement if I need to go down that road.

PS.  I wonder if Dilithium Crystals can power up my Millineum Falcon???

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-02-2008 05:20 PM

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-02-2008 05:20 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my records.  My first CLI with this card was on 12/4/07.  So every six months, I am hitting HSBC's LUV button.
Message 4 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the HSBC CLI! You didn't even have to call a special number for it!
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

I just tried the luv button with Orchard.  Got the 7-10 days message.  Oh well.  It's not a card I like to use anyways.  Only buy a pack of gum every month with it.
Message 6 of 10
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I do not think there is a LUV button for my HSBC/Direct Merchants cards.  From what I ahve been reading on the forums, I might be studk at $1100 M/C and $2200 Disc. for a looooooooooooooong time.  Interestingly, in the time that I have had both of these cards along with Cap. 1.  Cap1 has given me TWO CLI. 

Congrats to anyone who can get one from HSBC!  Smiley Happy
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 7 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:
Congrats!
I do not think there is a LUV button for my HSBC/Direct Merchants cards. From what I ahve been reading on the forums, I might be studk at $1100 M/C and $2200 Disc. for a looooooooooooooong time. Interestingly, in the time that I have had both of these cards along with Cap. 1. Cap1 has given me TWO CLI.
Congrats to anyone who can get one from HSBC! Smiley Happy

From my experiences, there isn't any way to request a CLI as a consumer with a HSBC Discover card at all whatsoever.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 10
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:

From my experiences, there isn't any way to request a CLI as a consumer with a HSBC Discover card at all whatsoever.

Nope!  I might have asked for one on the MC a couple of months ago and was told they do not take CLI requests.  So far, the only way I have gotten a "CLI," if we can call it that, is by combining cards.  I got the Disc Rewards card twice, each with a measley $300.00 CL.  I combined them with my Disc Plat both times to get a $600.00 "CLI."
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work, lando! Smiley Happy

I noticed the same pattern of success for me with GEMB.  I had a Sam's card from 2005 that was stuck at $300.  Last November I hit the LUV button and was raised to $500.  I hit the button again in March thinking I could get an increase every 4 months but was shot down.  I hit the LUV button again at the end of May and was increased to $900!  That's not very much but I rarely use the card anyway.  I guess it's just the principle for me.  Smiley Tongue
So now I know to hit the GEMB LUV button every six months as well.

Message Edited by lurknomore on 06-03-2008 08:34 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.