cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope that I did the right thing! - Closing acct.

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I hope that I did the right thing! - Closing acct.

Earlier this year, I closed FP (had it since '08) - Best feeling ever.

Today, I closed CreditOne (also had it since '08) - Awesome feeling. They offered 3 months no AF, I said no ty, please close my account and give me Ref#.

I know that the account will continue to report for 10 years in good standing. I was never late on payment on both of the cards.

My question is how would the lender look at it? Since I closed 2 account this years.

Would my score drop a lot? My util should be lower since I just PIF Citi and Wal-Mart (waiting on Dec for statement update) and CreditOne CL was only 800. I'm at 15% util atm, will be 9% once statement update.

I have one more toy limit card that I would like to close. BBRZMC (since '08 $59AF), however, after talking to the Exec, they will give me CLI in March '13 since I got one less than 6 months ago from front line CSR for 500. The exec also credit my AF for the last 2 years. This is my OLDEST CC TL.

I want to apply for Amex BCE this coming January to get back dating to 2012.  I opened the Green in Oct. It would be 3 months apart.... do able?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: I hope that I did the right thing! - Closing acct.

@armbenderc wrote:

Today, I closed CreditOne (also had it since '08) - Awesome feeling. They offered 3 months no AF, I said no ty, please close my account and give me Ref#.

I know that the account will continue to report for 10 years in good standing. I was never late on payment on both of the cards.

My question is how would the lender look at it? Since I closed 2 account this years.

Would my score drop a lot? My util should be lower since I just PIF Citi and Wal-Mart (waiting on Dec for statement update) and CreditOne CL was only 800. I'm at 15% util atm, will be 9% once statement update.

I have one more toy limit card that I would like to close. BBRZMC (since '08 $59AF), however, after talking to the Exec, they will give me CLI in March '13 since I got one less than 6 months ago from front line CSR for 500. The exec also credit my AF for the last 2 years. This is my OLDEST CC TL.

I want to apply for Amex BCE this coming January to get back dating to 2012.  I opened the Green in Oct. It would be 3 months apart.... do able?

unfortunately amex hates seeing first premier but good luck regardless, but yes you did the right thing, I would send first premier and credit one a check for $20 each though,since they sometimes like to charge fees when the account closes, it's happened before. Rather have them send me a check back and end up with a unknown charge off. yes they are that bad

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

unfortunately amex hates seeing first premier but good luck regardless, but yes you did the right thing, I would send first premier and credit one a check for $20 each though,since they sometimes like to charge fees when the account closes, it's happened before. Rather have them send me a check back and end up with a unknown charge off. yes they are that bad

Yup, I got check from FP for $7 lol. I have been keeping an eye on them. As for creditOne, I will also keep an eye on it.

Right after I closed my FP, Amex gave me the Green.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Please let me know because I want to closed my Credit One soon too

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Please let me know because I want to closed my Credit One soon too

Smiley Surprised Sure enough, I checked today and some mysterious balance of around $2ish showed up on account.... Pushing payment now.. WTH?

Message 5 of 8
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Ha! too funny. I OVERPAID FP by $20 and have not heard anything back yet.

Message 6 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

Ha! too funny. I OVERPAID FP by $20 and have not heard anything back yet.

Took two statement to get refund from them. I was in the negative balance, meaning that they owe me money.

Message 7 of 8
toppers555
Established Contributor

Can you send me the HSBC exe contact info I have an old card with low cl and high ad 75 from a few years ago that needs some lovin or is greeting axe like my other 4 cp1 cards just got

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.