Valued Contributor
armbenderc

I hope that I did the right thing! - Closing acct.

Earlier this year, I closed FP (had it since '08) - Best feeling ever.

Today, I closed CreditOne (also had it since '08) - Awesome feeling. They offered 3 months no AF, I said no ty, please close my account and give me Ref#.

I know that the account will continue to report for 10 years in good standing. I was never late on payment on both of the cards.

My question is how would the lender look at it? Since I closed 2 account this years.

Would my score drop a lot? My util should be lower since I just PIF Citi and Wal-Mart (waiting on Dec for statement update) and CreditOne CL was only 800. I'm at 15% util atm, will be 9% once statement update.

I have one more toy limit card that I would like to close. BBRZMC (since '08 $59AF), however, after talking to the Exec, they will give me CLI in March '13 since I got one less than 6 months ago from front line CSR for 500. The exec also credit my AF for the last 2 years. This is my OLDEST CC TL.

I want to apply for Amex BCE this coming January to get back dating to 2012.  I opened the Green in Oct. It would be 3 months apart.... do able?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: I hope that I did the right thing! - Closing acct.

armbenderc wrote:

Today, I closed CreditOne (also had it since '08) - Awesome feeling. They offered 3 months no AF, I said no ty, please close my account and give me Ref#.

I know that the account will continue to report for 10 years in good standing. I was never late on payment on both of the cards.

My question is how would the lender look at it? Since I closed 2 account this years.

Would my score drop a lot? My util should be lower since I just PIF Citi and Wal-Mart (waiting on Dec for statement update) and CreditOne CL was only 800. I'm at 15% util atm, will be 9% once statement update.

I have one more toy limit card that I would like to close. BBRZMC (since '08 $59AF), however, after talking to the Exec, they will give me CLI in March '13 since I got one less than 6 months ago from front line CSR for 500. The exec also credit my AF for the last 2 years. This is my OLDEST CC TL.

I want to apply for Amex BCE this coming January to get back dating to 2012.  I opened the Green in Oct. It would be 3 months apart.... do able?

unfortunately amex hates seeing first premier but good luck regardless, but yes you did the right thing, I would send first premier and credit one a check for $20 each though,since they sometimes like to charge fees when the account closes, it's happened before. Rather have them send me a check back and end up with a unknown charge off. yes they are that bad

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

distantarray wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

unfortunately amex hates seeing first premier but good luck regardless, but yes you did the right thing, I would send first premier and credit one a check for $20 each though,since they sometimes like to charge fees when the account closes, it's happened before. Rather have them send me a check back and end up with a unknown charge off. yes they are that bad

Yup, I got check from FP for $7 lol. I have been keeping an eye on them. As for creditOne, I will also keep an eye on it.

Right after I closed my FP, Amex gave me the Green.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Please let me know because I want to closed my Credit One soon too

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
armbenderc

nicholasyud wrote:

Please let me know because I want to closed my Credit One soon too

:smileysurprised: Sure enough, I checked today and some mysterious balance of around $2ish showed up on account.... Pushing payment now.. WTH?

Frequent Contributor
obageegee

Ha! too funny. I OVERPAID FP by $20 and have not heard anything back yet.

Starting Score: 530 - 2/12
Current Score: EX - 720 EQ - 714 TU-690 WM-720
App free since 5/7/2014
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

obageegee wrote:

Ha! too funny. I OVERPAID FP by $20 and have not heard anything back yet.

Took two statement to get refund from them. I was in the negative balance, meaning that they owe me money.

Established Contributor
toppers555

Can you send me the HSBC exe contact info I have an old card with low cl and high ad 75 from a few years ago that needs some lovin or is greeting axe like my other 4 cp1 cards just got

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}