Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just apped for a Walmart Credit Card

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I just apped for a Walmart Credit Card

Didn't get the automatic approval I thought store cards were the easiest to obtain, lol? I got the 7-10  wait for a response. Is this normal? Or should I be loading up for a recon?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: I just apped for a Walmart Credit Card

@WarJar101 wrote:

Didn't get the automatic approval I thought store cards were the easiest to obtain, lol? I got the 7-10  wait for a response. Is this normal? Or should I be loading up for a recon?

They might need to verify some info. You need to call them.

Ron.

Message 2 of 14
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

+1

Call them, they most likely need to verify that you are who you say you are. If that's the case, they'll ask you questions based on what is on your TU credit report and/or in public records. It's no sweat.

Good luck!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 3 of 14
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

What is the +1 I see people type in posts?

Message 4 of 14
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@fuzzybean wrote:

It just means that the person is agreeing with the previous poster's comment.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 14
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@fuzzybean wrote:

It just means that the person is agreeing with the previous poster's comment.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 14
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Re: I just aped for a Walmart Credit Card

I aped on sept 11 and it said approved 600. My scores were low 600 TU and balances were over 50% ,clean credit report with 6 inquiries. 

I know I shouldn't have aped for it but I wanted the free score + I wanted it for the gas but there is only a sams club gas station in front of the walmart near my area.

I read that you could buy gas cards at sams club with your walmart card and use it at the pump,is this right or do you have to be a sams club member? 

Message 7 of 14
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Re: I just aped for a Walmart Credit Card

I got that message and was denied credit. I called to recon and they said since I was denied for a low credit score, they won't reconsider Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It is easy, relatively speaking. Do you have baddies? What's your FICO? They aren't so conservative as most bank CCs but they do have min requirements. 

They don't recon denials or CLs. However, as others have said they may just need to verify info. Call  the back door sticky.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 14
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Make sure you call them because i find its often for identity checks

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.