Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just came home from work to 2 good news:

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: I just came home from work to 2 good news:

I don't see any apply link online, but they might be able to take an application over the phone.

However, since there isn't a link online, I give it a 99 percent odds that this card is either discontinued and un-applyable, or new, not out yet, and un-applyable.
Here we go again...
Message 21 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
This is an old, old card that's no longer available.  Notice there aren't even any "Apply now" links on either of those pages.
If you have to Google it to get to it, and can't get there directly from the front page of the CCC's website, I think it's a safe assumption there's some reason they're making it so hard to find. Smiley Wink

I figured it was, or that possibly it was some trial of a new card that they were doing in the geographical area where the brochure was found. That would explain it not being on the site. Although the venue seemed pretty unlikely, lol.

But I can't believe that we've never heard of it. Where are the anguished posts by those who once had it and lost it because of whatever reason? That's the one thing that makes me think, hmmmm.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

tomwest wrote:
P.S. if you want to give me advice on my Amex Platinum feel free and how to deal with Amex FR, if/when I am targeted.

I just passed an AMEX F/R. Piece of cake. They send you a form, you sign it and fax it back. A week later, all is good again.

It's a bit insulting, IMO. I really think that they should just tell you upfront: "If we get nervous at any time and for any reason, we make insist that you allow us access to your tax returns." Now, if they did that, I wouldn't even HAVE an AMEX in my wallet. Why would I want to? But, once you're in the door, THEN they tell you to bend over? Seems rude to me. A little dishonest, too. But, it's really no big deal to pass the thing, and all that's involved is signing one form and faxing it back. It's just the principle of the thing that sticks in my craw, I guess.

That is, of course, unless you've misrepresented your income to them.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

tomwest wrote:
Thank you!

I read a lot of people have been targeted lately, and I do not see a logic behind Amex's selection criteria. Some people in 2 weeks of receiving their cards, some after years of being a perfect customer. I opened 2 Amex accounts in 1 week and who knows, I may have (or will have) triggered something.

I am not worried but I guess I am trying to understand how Amex is deciding who to FR.

I can top that. The day I called to activate my second AMEX card, I was transferred to the F/R people. lol.
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW! I am glad you passed the F/R test.

This is what I realized about myself: when/if I want something I do very heavy research, but hardly come up with any negative info etc. However, once I get what I want, it's like the curtain in front of my eyes is lifted and I suddenly see all the negative things I missed before. This happens all the time.

Before applying I knew about F/R but after being approved, I suddenly hear a lot more than I knew it existed. I hear horror stories, but also like you, some good news, too.

I will probably activate the card online, but I might go ahead and call F/R people, so I can get it out of the way, so I won't have any bad surprises in the future. While on the subject, does anyone know if they F/R more than once? Anyone has a number for F/R people? Do you think I would be the first one to call them voluntarily? Would they be shocked or is it a bad idea?

All those questions came to my mind while I was reading your post Cheech.

ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

tomwest wrote:

This is what I realized about myself: when/if I want something I do very heavy research, but hardly come up with any negative info etc. However, once I get what I want, it's like the curtain in front of my eyes is lifted and I suddenly see all the negative things I missed before. This happens all the time.

Geez. I hope that's not the story of your marriage, Tom. ;-)
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

tomwest wrote:

Before applying I knew about F/R but after being approved, I suddenly hear a lot more than I knew it existed. I hear horror stories, but also like you, some good news, too.

I will probably activate the card online, but I might go ahead and call F/R people, so I can get it out of the way, so I won't have any bad surprises in the future. While on the subject, does anyone know if they F/R more than once? Anyone has a number for F/R people? Do you think I would be the first one to call them voluntarily? Would they be shocked or is it a bad idea?

All those questions came to my mind while I was reading your post Cheech.

ThanksSmiley Happy

I'm not sure if you can actually "volunteer" for a financial review.

I've heard stories of people getting hit with more than 1 FR, but that's not happened to me.
Message 27 of 28
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I believe one of the guys here got hit with a FR a third time.

There are some obvious triggers, and some at random seemingly. Multiple accounts in a short period of time did it for me...
Here we go again...
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.