cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just closed Merrick Bank Visa and.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just closed Merrick Bank Visa and.......

...... it feels so good! Next  will be Credit One! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I just closed Merrick Bank Visa and.......

Nicely done, once you have reached a certain point in the rebuild they are no longer needed.
Message 2 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I still have one of them.. $1800 cL.. only reason I still have it is because it’s the no fee version
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

If your BK was just discharged in 2014, how did you get an Amex card? That's less than 5 years. When did you file BK?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
I still have one of them.. $1800 cL.. only reason I still have it is because it’s the no fee version

Thank you guys. Mine has AF, that was one of the reason I closed it.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

If your BK was just discharged in 2014, how did you get an Amex card? That's less than 5 years. When did you file BK?

I filled March 2014. My BK doesnt show on EX and I was AU on Platinum and PRG cards 2 years before my BK period and survive during the BK (they didnt cancel the cards). I dont know if being AU have something positive on their internal scoring system. I posted approval both of my Amex ED and Platinum cards on this forum.

Message 6 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Well, if it has an AF I don't blame you. My first CC after my 2010 BK7 was a Best Buy MC, 7 months after discharge. But that was when HSBC issued it as a subprime card - $500 CL with $60 AF, I finally closed it in 2014. But Merrick was my 2nd CC and I still have it, no fees & decent $3100 CL.  I keep it for sentimental reasons, but it hasn't had more than $10-20 in monthly charges in years from Netflix & streaming video rentals and that seems to be enough to keep them happy.

Get rid of that Vulture One Credit One card.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo Hoo!

I know it feels good. I recently closed one of my First Permier Cards

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Well, if it has an AF I don't blame you. My first CC after my 2010 BK7 was a Best Buy MC, 7 months after discharge. But that was when HSBC issued it as a subprime card - $500 CL with $60 AF, I finally closed it in 2014. But Merrick was my 2nd CC and I still have it, no fees & decent $3100 CL.  I keep it for sentimental reasons, but it hasn't had more than $10-20 in monthly charges in years from Netflix & streaming video rentals and that seems to be enough to keep them happy.

Get rid of that Vulture One Credit One card.

@DavelnAZ .  AF and Stuck with small limit $1,400 are the reasons I closed it. But Merrick help me a lot on my rebuidling process after BK. No complaint, I dont have problem with them tho. I think Merrick much better than Credit One Bank in my personal experience. I just want to clean up and organize my cards inventory for 2018. Hahaha. I was at 577 (January2017) and today over 700 (Januray2018) within 1 year.

Yessssss next one will be Credit One Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Every time someone Closes a Credit One card, a Credit Angel gets their wings.......

=0

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.