Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just closed my CAP ONE REWARDS card

tag
babymixer
Regular Contributor

I just closed my CAP ONE REWARDS card

Just closed it this morning when the AF posted.  They assured me that it would be credited and I won't owe them a cent.  The personnel I dealt with were very nice and helpful and were actually sad to see me go and said they totally understand my reasons for wanting to leave and if they could help me they could but just don't have the authority.  The first person was a nice indian lady and the second person was an american gent that was very nice also.

oh well, thats that.  Goodbye Capital One.

cc's copy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: I just closed my CAP ONE REWARDS card

Cap One recent hasn't been crediting AFs lately maybe because the buy out of HSBC and others. I to closed my Cap One for this reason

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 6
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Yes, I first asked for a CLI to which I was declined.  Then I asked to have my AF waived = no go.  They left me with little choice but to close out the account.

cc's copy
Message 3 of 6
JWest
Regular Contributor

The executive office would have waived those AF's instantly with just a few minutes on the phone

Message 4 of 6
babymixer
Regular Contributor

I no longer needed the card.  It was the mastercard cash rewards rebuilder one not the visa.  I have 3 prime ones that serve their purpose well.  Chances of them matching my other limits were slim to none anyway even if i got the AF waived.

cc's copy
Message 5 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@babymixer wrote:

I no longer needed the card.  It was the mastercard cash rewards rebuilder one not the visa.  I have 3 prime ones that serve their purpose well.  Chances of them matching my other limits were slim to none anyway even if i got the AF waived.

Sounds like you're in good shape with a nice line-up of cards. Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.