Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just closed my Cap1 Platinum Visa!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just closed my Cap1 Platinum Visa!!!!

I had the card for almost ten years and the card had $2K.  I used once or twice a year.  I closed it thru their automated system.  I have some other cards  better than that card.

Ron.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: I just closed my Cap1 Platinum Visa!!!!

@Ron1 wrote:

I had the card for almost ten years and the card had $2K.  I used once or twice a year.  I closed it thru their automated system.  I have some other cards  better than that card.

Ron.

Yea...that would be an understatement. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1 to datx

Did you try anything with the EO ron, or was it just not even worth it? Lol
Message 3 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Moving on to better cards, good for you! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

Wow.  I'm not used to reading that Ron1 closed anything! Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 9
aplast
Regular Contributor

you def. have some better plastic than c1 visa, Ron. was it easy to close using the automated system? I always wondered what that process was like?

Message 6 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

A lot of people have been having success with the EO did you not want to try that route before closing it?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 9
lithium78
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I hope to join you in closing mine soon.  It's been stuck at $1800 for over three years and they charge me a $3 monthly fee (which they added two years after they approved me for the card with no fee.)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for all your feedback.  I should have called Cap 1 EO for CLI and PC.  I'm shooting for the Venture Card or 1.5% Cash Back Card. I heard they only limited to 2 Cap1. So I closed down one of them. I still have another Cap1 MC. Smiley Happy  I need to email them for CLI or PC.  Closing accounts is not my usual thing.  Closing the account is automated and I didn't have to talk to CSR.  It was painless.  $2K is toy card for most of you with good credit.  I got that card when I was in average credit.  By the way, I had their secured credit back in 94' whe I was in subprime. Yes, you didn't hear it wrong.  I guess no one is perfect. I messed up my credit when I was in college. 

Ron.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.