cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just fired Orchard Bank and hired Chase Freedom!!

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I just fired Orchard Bank and hired Chase Freedom!!

I had Chase Slate since rebuilding my credit and after they increased my APR to 25% on a $600 CL, I decided to PIF and closed the account in November.  I happen to know they pull TU for me here in Illinois and this is my most "bestest" report so I decided to pull my Fico score and boy did I get a shock...752 FICO!!!!  Three inquiries in the last 12 mos 2 of which will be a Year old in January.  I immediately closed out the site and went to Chase to apply for the Freedom, get this another surprise, the applications states they want "household" income and not just mine, score!!  INSTANT APPROVAL!!  I was going to wait until February to fire Orchard at the Reps request but for what, I have several new lines with Excellent limits to replace this subprime card.  Capital One is on my "S" list too but I decided not to fire them just yet because i'm sending my son off to college with this card.  Then again maybe I will fire them too because my AF is $19 and because I just got the AmEx Zync card, they will only charge $15 for an AU, plus AmEx will allow me to put a spending limit on his card...it's getting better and better!

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just fired Orchard Bank and hired Chase Freedom!!

Congratulations!  Im really satisfied with my freedom card  too. And will probably use it as my main visa for whoever doesn't take amex.

oh and congrats on the high fico score too!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, It feels good when you have numbers like that.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least Chase likes someone. I applied for the Sapphire card a few months ago and was declined. It was the first card I have ever applied for that I was declined. I called for a recon and was told that I had one account that was too new. I had opened a Citi AAdvantage card for the 75k airline miles 3 months before and that is why they declined me. The Citi card was the only inquiry on my report with scores of 771 and 783 with no lates, collections, anything. I was shocked.

Congrats on your new card, though.

Message 4 of 10
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

If it makes you feel any better, Chase isn't necessarily in love with me either.  I only got a $3,000 CL at 17.99% APR, but i'll take it, treat it well and allow it grow over time. 

Message 5 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

BTW, when you say "House Hold Income" on an application for credit. Do you just put your annual income? Or do you put the total income of everyone living with you? I know this sounds ilke a stupid question, but I've been told both ways by a lot of people. I always do the former rather than the latter.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Household income means the combined income of all those who could reasonably be expected to help pay the bill.

It generally refers to the combined income of spouses, significant others, life partners, rellies, snugglebunnies, or whomever who live together under one roof, sharing income and expenses to whatever extent. It would not include (for instance) roommates that you have to harass for their share of the cable payment and grocery bill, your brother who's living in the spare bedroom while waiting to be deployed, crazy Auntie Myrtle up in the attic (with her SSI) and so forth.

I look on HHI as an option. You don't have to list it; you can list only yours instead.

But if an app doesn't ask for HHI, or give you that option, that indicates to me that they want only your personal income.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

+1

I included my DH's income on the application.  I wish all the ccc's allowed hh imcome.

Message 8 of 10
gsxrgirl

Haulingthescoreup....Your examples that you posted are hilarious but true!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS..
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.