Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got approved for Hooters MC!

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Re: I just got approved for Hooters MC!

Concerning the Hooters MC instead of waiting for the letter I called and was told I was APPROVED for a $1000 cl!!!!  Yepee!!!  Glad I called and I'm very glad I read this thread.  Time and paitence, I agree must be my friend, but it sure is nice not to have to wait too long.  Cap 1 is ok but to tell you the truth I'd like to get a cl with my credit union instead but I have to get my score higher.  Anyway, thanks everyone, guess I might look funny with a Hooter's card too but hooCares!!!

Missy42
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 21 of 36
jackg
Established Contributor

If in fact you are trying to raise FICO by improving your % of utilization, WHY would you use this card, at al, regardless of male/female? Using it will only return you to where you were prior to getting it.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 22 of 36
aaagirl
New Contributor

Can you all tell me what your UTI was on your other cards at the time of application, whether it may affect approval or not, and/or if you think Hooters decisions are based soley on scores. I am in Michigan and am also wondering if anyone knows who they pull from.  I have been working so hard on my scores since a terrble (abusive) marriage, and have gone from the LOW 400's to FICO median today of 583.  The reason I ask is I just paid down UTI to about 50%, and intend to have it down to 10% or less by the new year, but, a larger limit card would certainly help.  Any thoughts ?
Thanks!
aaagirl
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

aaagirl wrote:
Can you all tell me what your UTI was on your other cards at the time of application, whether it may affect approval or not, and/or if you think Hooters decisions are based soley on scores. I am in Michigan and am also wondering if anyone knows who they pull from.  I have been working so hard on my scores since a terrble (abusive) marriage, and have gone from the LOW 400's to FICO median today of 583.  The reason I ask is I just paid down UTI to about 50%, and intend to have it down to 10% or less by the new year, but, a larger limit card would certainly help.  Any thoughts ?
Thanks!
aaagirl

583 is NOTHING to sneeze at from where you started. You can do it. I was at 525 about a year and a half ago- and now I am trying to break 700- I may have done it, I am just not going to check my scores until right before Christmas.
Message 24 of 36
jackg
Established Contributor

aaagirl

I too live in Michigan and when I applied in June 2007 they pulled Equifax and gave me an instant approval for $5,000.

Good Luck
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the card but I still dont know the credit limit Smiley Sad
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out the limit is just 1300 Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 36
kclb
Regular Contributor

Hooters... Hm.

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 28 of 36
aaagirl
New Contributor

Thanks all,
I applied over the phone today, and the rep stated that I would hear with in "30 days".  How long after I have paid down my current balances does it take to show up?  I just paid all my cards down to 40-50% utilization and am hoping that I will get approved,but am concerned that the balances wont show up in time.  Any advice?

aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
Message 29 of 36
aaagirl
New Contributor

Thanks all,
I applied over the phone today, and the rep stated that I would hear with in "30 days".  How long after I have paid down my current balances does it take to show up?  I just paid all my cards down to 40-50% utilization and am hoping that I will get approved,but am concerned that the balances wont show up in time.  Any advice?

aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.