Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just made a payment on Amex...

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

I just made a payment on Amex...

I am new to Amex.. So sorry In advance if my question ️sounds very stupid..

I had a pending charge of 300.. It's been over 4 days.. I heard about stories about how Amex is strange and easy to trigger FR.. I absolutely try to avoid that since proof of my oversea income would be a pain in the butt.. Not only have I go through a more complicated procedure to obtain them but I also have to got them translated and do the currency change.. So I aboslutely hope never trigger it..

Hence..no paid 500 today even if there isn't an outstanding balance yet.. Weird thing is. All the sudden my credit line becomes 200 more??? So Amex gives you temporary increase if you overpay?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just made a payment on Amex...

@Christina_xyt wrote:
I am new to Amex.. So sorry In advance if my question ️sounds very stupid..

I had a pending charge of 300.. It's been over 4 days.. I heard about stories about how Amex is strange and easy to trigger FR.. I absolutely try to avoid that since proof of my oversea income would be a pain in the butt.. Not only have I go through a more complicated procedure to obtain them but I also have to got them translated and do the currency change.. So I aboslutely hope never trigger it..

Hence..no paid 500 today even if there isn't an outstanding balance yet.. Weird thing is. All the sudden my credit line becomes 200 more??? So Amex gives you temporary increase if you overpay?

They didn't give you a credit line increase.  They added your overpayment to the credit available. So since you paid more, if you charge anything, you won't be showing a balance until your overpayment is used up.

Message 2 of 3
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: I just made a payment on Amex...

it's over payment, it happens when you have things pending and you pay more than the statement but it will sort itself out

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.