Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just realized Cap One no longer offers two cards

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: I just realized Cap One no longer offers two cards

@Kenny wrote:

They do offer it, I just don't know if you're able to directly apply without solicitation. My sister was sent an offer for the platinum. It has the chip, as well. (Mastercard.)

Before I asked to PC I first asked if they got rid of the cards, the chat rep told me they did. Not surprising though, I really like Cap 1 but their reps are often times out of the loop.

I used to see the Plat Prestige on the preapproval page but now I just get the Venture and QS. Hopefully they're putting out a new card soon.

Message 11 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is a bit of a surprise.  Just a month ago, I checked the pre-qual site and it offered me a Venture or QuickSilver Visa at 17.9% APR, or the Platinum Mastercard w/ no AF at 15.9%.  I guess I should have taken the MC at the lower APR and just PC'd it later on to a QS.

Oh well, live and learn... LOL.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
They do offer it, I just don't know if you're able to directly apply without solicitation. My sister was sent a letter with a solicitation for the platinum. It has the chip, as well. (Mastercard.)

+1 and im getting offered a plat thru the pre approval now. with a whopping 24.9% apr. No thanks. But it does not have an AF.

Me too Taxi~ I figured I would rather pay the annual fee this year for th erewards so I can upgrade to regular quiksilver in the future. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
They do offer it, I just don't know if you're able to directly apply without solicitation. My sister was sent a letter with a solicitation for the platinum. It has the chip, as well. (Mastercard.)

+1 and im getting offered a plat thru the pre approval now. with a whopping 24.9% apr. No thanks. But it does not have an AF.

Me too Taxi~ I figured I would rather pay the annual fee this year for th erewards so I can upgrade to regular quiksilver in the future. 

Or you could call and get the AF removed so it isn't such a bust of a deal.

Message 14 of 17
_NERD
Established Contributor

Off topic but yall seem like the people to ask....never mind, I'll start my own topic.

Carry on (=

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 15 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting, I would like to see Cap1 come out with something new. The way they marketed the Prestige vs. other cards of theirs, no wonder they got rid of it. 

Whats funny is if the Prestige didnt look just like a regular old Classic or Platinum MC, maybe they would have been able to pimp it more. Sometimes, I wonder what companys are thinking, like yes, im sure its more complicated than that but on the other hand, maybe not lol. 

Message 16 of 17
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

I was pre-qualified for the Prestige a month ago with 15.99% APR. But when I checked the other day it didn't come up again.  I've never seen the Prestige offered directly on their website, just the regular Platinum - unless they are the same thing?

No. they are not same. They looked the same however. The difference was what i saw. The prestige offered (low Interest). laughs uncontrollably. caugh caugh. 20.9% apr. it was called platinum prestige

FWIW, the APR on the platinum prestige varies.   I got one to use as a BT card in May and the APR is 10.9%  (after the initial 0% APR promo runs out).

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.